Barberton XCM, conquer the toughest one yet

News bot

This popular race is still going strong, 21 years strong. The Barberton XCM is known to be one of the toughest mountain bike race in the country. With a variety of landscapes and terrain, you are sure to get a bit of everything. The race, which attracts about 1,500 cyclists from various provinces and countries and of all shapes and sizes, still manages to keep the feel of a small race, but with all the benefits of the bigger races such as prizes, water points and great route markers. The 21st annual Barberton XCM takes place on 28 January 2017.

Click here to view the article

I'm definately coming back for this one, did my first one this year and the experience was amazing. Well, except my rookie mistake of not refilling sealant

Im going for some revenge - last year I did the Marathon on a 1x10  :eek: NEVER EVER DO THAT TO YOURSELF!!! EVER!!

This year however Im riding A super sweet dual with 3 up front, cant wait  :thumbup:  :thumbup: Oh and this ride is absolutely spectacular!! 

I started cycling last year August and got roped into doing the Ultra in January.  This is best race experiences I have ever had.  It was really tough, but with the amazing views, water points and hospitality this little town offers.  I would come back year after year.

One of the toughest, best organised, most scenic races on the MTB calendar. I'll be back for more in 2017. 

Edited by Cylon

Im going for some revenge - last year I did the Marathon on a 1x10  :eek: NEVER EVER DO THAT TO YOURSELF!!! EVER!!

This year however Im riding A super sweet dual with 3 up front, cant wait  :thumbup:  :thumbup: Oh and this ride is absolutely spectacular!! 

I did the marathon on 2 X10, it was not that bad until I had a puncture. This year I'm doing it on 1X11. So the traininng has started.

I did the marathon on 2 X10, it was not that bad until I had a puncture. This year I'm doing it on 1X11. So the traininng has started.

Yeh if I had just that one more gear, I would have been sorted! Im sure you will manage!  :thumbup: with a bite, hehe   :whistling:

Busy converting my 2x10 to 1x10, but with wide range casette it should be fine, i hope.

Ha ha famous last words!!! Good luck bro not going to be easy :thumbup:  :thumbup: :whistling:

Busy converting my 2x10 to 1x10, but with wide range casette it should be fine, i hope.

that 1st 12km climb in the beginning of the race can break you if you over cook it!!

So my low gear is going from a 26:36 to a 32:42. So my low ratio is going from 0.72 to 0.76

I think it's close enough to be ok :D

You'll be fine, my low gear is a 28:36.... :eek:

Guys remember that the Ultra will be back to old route and not the jolly it was last year. That means 3000m ascent.