The service at CWC online is pathetic. 

On the day before the black Friday sale, they had certain products advertised on their Facebook page. After noticing that these products were not on the site, I sent the page a message asking them if the website would be updated. I did not receive a response, so I sent another message. Again no response. I followed it up with another message and only got a response the following day. I was told to contact Chris Jnr. When I called Chris, he was extremely rude and arrogant. This could be judged from the tone of his voice and his choice of words. Furthermore, he told me that those deals advertised on the Facebook Page were only for the store. If this was the case, it should have said so. Posting products on a Facebook page which says "Chris Willemse Cycles Online" would obviously mean that those products are available "Online". After commenting on one of their posts expressing my dissatisfaction with their service, I was sent a message from Chris saying that I should shop somewhere else. I have attached a screenshot of this message below. This kind of service and attitude stinks. 

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Do you need some tissues?

I have worked in retail myself and I have also told people to go shop somewhere else, because 9 out of 10 times the client is rude and arrogant.

CWC was overloaded with sales on black Friday and I think they did a bloody brilliant job handling it. If your item wasn't on sale, try and go to the shop and ask for some cash discount or wait for the next "request a special" from CWC.

CWC has always been helpful.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need some tissues?

I have worked in retail myself and I have also told people to go shop somewhere else, because 9 out of 10 times the client is rude and arrogant.

CWC was overloaded with sales on black Friday and I think they did a bloody brilliant job handling it. If your item wasn't on sale, try and go to the shop and ask for some cash discount or wait for the next "request a special" from CWC.

CWC has always been helpful.

10 times out of 10 the client is right. period

1st time poster (apparently) complaining about retailer? - never* ends well & personally i dont like it.

Would also like to see what he wrote to be told to shop elsewhere.

(*...ok, there was that guy with the Chinarellos who turned out to be a solid oke (oak?), but that's one in 8yrs).

wrong. As president elect Donald Trump would say.

You didn't forget the hand gesture did you[emoji13]

This is all getting too much for me.. I am going to go watch more Suzelle DIY videos.. [emoji23]

saying that amazon did no better in terms of response time, no?

You compared them to Amazon? No?

Whatever any shop says, be it publicly or privately, will hold more gravitas and they should be aware of that and act accordingly. That statement represents CWC although it was one person who was clearly pushed a bit far in a stressful time. 

It isn't nice when it comes to this as years of hard work can be eroded quickly through a heated keyboard exchange.

It will be resolved...

The service at CWC online is pathetic.

On the day before the black Friday sale, they had certain products advertised on their Facebook page. After noticing that these products were not on the site, I sent the page a message asking them if the website would be updated. I did not receive a response, so I sent another message. Again no response. I followed it up with another message and only got a response the following day. I was told to contact Chris Jnr. When I called Chris, he was extremely rude and arrogant. This could be judged from the tone of his voice and his choice of words. Furthermore, he told me that those deals advertised on the Facebook Page were only for the store. If this was the case, it should have said so. Posting products on a Facebook page which says "Chris Willemse Cycles Online" would obviously mean that those products are available "Online". After commenting on one of their posts expressing my dissatisfaction with their service, I was sent a message from Chris saying that I should shop somewhere else. I have attached a screenshot of this message below. This kind of service and attitude stinks.

Capture.PNG

I've generally had good dealings with CW. The last time there was an issue raised on here, CW Jnr apologised and sorted it out promptly. But it seems the complaints are becoming more frequent, and the attitude isn't helping. Why did you have to phone? It seems like the entire management team consists of one individual, CW Jnr. They could have contacted you and tried to resolve the issue. Sending an FB message telling someone to go shop somewhere else is unprofessional, no matter what was said prior. There are always 2 sides to the story, but the frequency of complaints seems to point to a problem that will take more than handing out free tyres to resolve.

I've generally had good dealings with CW. The last time there was an issue raised on here, CW Jnr apologised and sorted it out promptly. But it seems the complaints are becoming more frequent, and the attitude isn't helping. Why did you have to phone? It seems like the entire management team consists of one individual, CW Jnr. They could have contacted you and tried to resolve the issue. Sending an FB message telling someone to go shop somewhere else is unprofessional, no matter what was said prior. There are always 2 sides to the story, but the frequency of complaints seems to point to a problem that will take more than handing out free tyres to resolve.

Wait what?! Free tyres if you complain?! Right powering up the laptop

I had trouble buying some goods on CWC on Black Friday - the website didn't work, my cart kept emptying, etc.  Anyone who has lived overseas knows that this is what happens on Black Friday - it's part of the "fun".  But eventually after a few attempts, I managed to place my order.  Chris phoned me only the following Friday apologising for the slow processing of the order.  I honestly had no issue with waiting a week - again that's what Black Friday is about - it's about a good deal, not about silver service, right here, right now.  

He may regret saying go and shop elsewhere, but sometimes I agree with this stance. Retailers don't have to serve everyone.  A sale is a contract between two parties - if one of them isn't enjoying the process, he can suggest that the customer moves on somewhere else.  There's nothing wrong with that.

Wait what?! Free tyres if you complain?! Right powering up the laptop

Not just any tyres either, last guy who conplained got GP4000s!

Two thing about CWC Online that is concerning

1. Their website has 'crash and burnt' before during a promotion.

This wasn't a first.

And it led to lots of inconvenience for customers.

2. Dissing a customer in public / social media is arrogant and uncool.

I reckon the only reason CWC Online got so much tolerance, patience and grace is because cyclists are cool folk because they love riding their bicycles. ????????????????????????

If I did my research correctly, CWCycles uses Cloud2M as their hosting provider. 

Take a look, at their hosting plans http://www.cloud2m.com/hosting-plans/

These servers are not suitable for an online store with so much of traffic. Furthermore, its on a shared hosting account which means that other websites also use the resources of the same server. I could find 4 other websites using the same server. That explains the crashing.