• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These threads always seem to run the same course. . . Same accusation to start, same defense for both sides, same draadsitters waiting to choose sides so as not to suffer the shame of being wrong, same 2nd party coming in and giving the full story and totally obliterating the post. . . Surprised there was no "popcorn" comments, although I think Carbon29er scared those people away haha

there is no replacement for your LBS... Too many out there jump from shop to shop to save a buck, but then when something goes wrong they expect 1 to help them out just becuase.

To find a decent mechanic...online shopping for best price.

there is no replacement for your LBS... Too many out there jump from shop to shop to save a buck, but then when something goes wrong they expect 1 to help them out just becuase.

Fully agree. LBS don't always stock everything, but that remain my first port of call. Built my relationship and even if more expensive, familiarity gives me the room to negotiate.

Hi all, 

I'll like to respond to this.

First of all, as most of you guys (our customers) know, we are a family business who appreciates our customers immensely. It goes without saying that customer service is of utmost importance to us and we fight to give you, the customer the best prices and service possible.

We are definitely not without fault, everyone makes mistakes and we have always tried our best to rectify and accommodate those cases.

In response to this matter I would like to clarify a couple of things;

• The particular customer in this case made contact with us via facebook on Friday. A day when all our attention is focused on online (especially the day when it all went wrong) We were focused on bikehub (as this is where all your requests are seen and sent.)
  • Unfortunately since all of our attention was focused on rectifying the site that crashed we could not divert our attention to social media and could we only respond after the fact.
  • even though we try and load all our items online, sometimes some items ie. clearance items are not available online, those of you who visit our store know the bargain corner very well. None of those items are available online.
  • We did try to load some of the Nalini clothing online but images were not readily available so we loaded what we could in the time space available to us.
  • When the dust settled around Black Friday I saw a mail from the customer threatening to slander us on all social media platforms of which he has thousands of followers due to the pathetic service. This was before we even got a chance to explain the situation or try and accommodate the customer after the fact. Its worth noting that we have done so for quite a few other customers who missed out due to the blackout. Customers who missed out on those prices were given the same deal long after "BFD" finished ( i am happy to provide proof of this)
  • It was at this stage where I admit I lost some composure and felt that if he is so dissatisfied with us, and we are not the shop for him, he could shop somewhere else ( i did not mean that I do not appreciate his business any and all customers are welcome here at CWC and most feel at home as part of the family, even some in the northern parts of South-Africa)
  • He then made a phone call to express his dissatisfaction with my response at which stage I invited him over for a coffee to sit around the table so I can explain to him what happened and that everything that is posted on social media does not always mean its available online. The customer then thought that I was arrogant and felt that swearing at me is appropriate. Yelling at me three times F YOU! F YOU! F YOU!

Now this is my response to the matter. Once again, all business is welcome. We will always try and accommodate ANYONE who feels that we were unfair or did not receive satisfactory service.

This customer is welcome to let us know what he wants, and we will still offer him the same deal on the Nalini stuff that caused this.

All the best cycling regards

Chris Willemse Jnr

(hows this for the first post on bikehub) 

This is not entirely true. The part about threatening to give bad reviews on social media pages is true.

After receiving a message from CWC, I left the issue completely. This was Saturday the 26th November (the day I got a response). It should be noted that I only got a response since I said that I would give bad reviews. 

I was cool with all of this. 

On Saturday, 3rd December, CWC Online posted on their Facebook Page asking something about whether Black Friday should be more often. So I replied saying that for stores who are able to handle the traffic that would be a great idea, but for CWC Online... NO! (I can't remember the exact words but it was something to this effect). This is when Chris got angry and messaged me. The screenshot shown before says "Conversation Started Today" because I took that screenshot immediately after I received the message from him. If I go back to my Facebook messages now, it will show the date and time it was actually sent (Saturday 3rd December). So Chris's statement "It was at this stage where I admit I lost some composure" is not true as he lost his composure when I made the comment on the Facebook post on 3rd December. This shows that he could not take the criticism of his online store. My comment on that post has been deleted and I have been blocked from the page.

I am not sure if he has the conversations saved, but if he does, the dates of the messages can be seen. 

Everything posted on Social media should be available online as the page is promoted as Chris Willemse Cycles "Online". I had no idea that there was an actual store since I saw the words "Online". I assumed that it was warehouse style and orders are only processed online. As a suggestion, if you advertise something on the Page and its not available online, please state that its only an in store special.    

I also want to tell you that if someone criticizes your store take it like a man. Those very people who criticize could be the ones with the brilliant ideas or knowledge to make it better.

Don't lie just to defend your reputation!

This is not entirely true. The part about threatening to give bad reviews on social media pages is true.

After receiving a message from CWC, I left the issue completely. This was Saturday the 26th November (the day I got a response). It should be noted that I only got a response since I said that I would give bad reviews.

On Saturday, 3rd December, CWC Online posted on their Facebook Page asking something about whether Black Friday should be more often. So I replied saying that for stores who are able to handle the traffic that would be a great idea, but for CWC Online... NO! (I can't remember the exact words but it was something to this effect). This is when Chris got angry and messaged me. The screenshot shown before says "Conversation Started Today" because I took that screenshot immediately after I received the message from him. If I go back to my Facebook messages now, it will show the date and time it was actually sent (Saturday 3rd December). So Chris's statement "It was at this stage where I admit I lost some composure" is not true as he lost his composure when I made the comment on the Facebook post on 3rd December. This shows that he could not take the criticism of his online store. My comment on that post has been deleted and I have been blocked from the page.

I am not sure if he has the conversations saved, but if he does, the dates of the messages can be seen.

Everything posted on Social media should be available online as the page is promoted as Chris Willemse Cycles "Online". I had no idea that there was an actual store since I saw the words "Online". I assumed that it was warehouse style and orders are only processed online. As a suggestion, if you advertise something on the Page and its not available online, please state that its only an in store special.

I also want to tell you that if someone criticizes your store take it like a man. Those very people who criticize could be the ones with the brilliant ideas or knowledge to make it better.

No mention of you swearing at him on the phone? I'm disappointed ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see no comment about the phone call and the F you F you F you[emoji53]

Bow your head in shame and walk away man.