[Event] Ashburton Investments National MTB Series Clarens

advendurance

Event Name: Ashburton Investments National MTB Series Clarens
When: 8 April 2017 - 9 April 2017
Where: Town Square, Main Street, Clarens, Freestate
Category: MTB

Venue: Town Square, Main Street, Clarens, Free State

Elevation: 1819m

Terrain: Single Track, Game Trails, Jeep Track, Gravel Road, Savannah, Rocky, Hardpack

Features: Hand Built single track, Bridges, River Crossings, Slick Rock, Spectacular Views, Dams

The event at Clarens has become more and more prominent among the mountain biking circles with numbers increasing each year. Strategically centralised in the Free State, Clarens is 3 hours from Johannesburg, Bloemfontein and Pietermaritzburg and is the ideal weekend break for mountain bike lovers and their families.

The mountain bike trails at Clarens consist of sand road, jeep track, huge rock-trails and single track over some of the most incredible rock landscapes in this country, including a ride on “slick rock” that is not found anywhere else in South Africa. The spectacular routes in and around the town offer picturesque views over Golden Gate National Park and Lesotho and incorporates a trail that crosses the Maluti Mountains on the edge of the Lesotho border, which is considered the highest mountain range in the country.

You can look forward to brand new re-envisioned routes with hand built single track, well stocked water points, uncongested routes with little overlap, an expo area, local food stalls & craft beer, massages, bike wash and VIP Area.

Go to Event Page

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Could someone please give more detail about the first day's 45km route profile for this newby...

TIA!

Good morning. I have an entry for the 45km (day only, not the stage) if anyone wants it.

For free. You will only have to take care of any admin/substitution fees to get it to your name.

I picked up a tummy bug that don't want to leave, and now bronchitis ontop of that......

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi,

Could someone please give more detail about the first day's 45km route profile for this newby...

TIA!

Had the same request. Even sent email to race website requesting more detail, but was ignored. Not for the first time

Edited by gomezz

Good morning. I have an entry for the 45km (day only, not the stage) if anyone wants it.

For free. You will only have to take care of any admin/substitution fees to get it to your name.

I picked up a tummy bug that don't want to leave, and now bronchitis ontop of that......

That is what I am planning to ride... Thank you... Do you perhaps have a reference nr so I can find out what the procedure would be?

That is what I am planning to ride... Thank you... Do you perhaps have a reference nr so I can find out what the procedure would be?

Hope you are feelng better soon!!

Hope you are feelng better soon!!

The best would be to contact SASeeding.

I will contact them in the week to find out exactly. There was a substitution subsection upon registration if I recall correctly.

I did the event two years ago - for me it is the most scenic of all events. Really a special place to be riding. You can be sure of climbing quite a bit

Thanks

Edited by AnythingBut

This is the e-mail I received from SASeeding regarding substituting an entry....

"Please see below more details on how to do a substitution:

Add the substitution as a friend under your profile, then Go to my orders, click on manage, click on change booking, click on the entry who cant make it anymore, then on the left you will see 'substitution' click on the option, then click on the new member's name.

Please note: there will be an substitution fee of R50 charged."

I gather this would hold true for any of their events. So in essence, if anyone wants my entry, I would need your personal info and R50....

That would ge nice... You can say what I owe u for the entry...

My saseeding username is mj.hoffmann@cloud.com. Wonder if there is any way I can pay the admn fee directly with my credit card...

What else would you need?

Where are you based?

The route profiles are up on the website now. If you did Sabie then this is much easier. The views from the top are quite spectacular and unless you are a serious racing snake well worth the stop to enjoy.

The route profiles are up on the website now. If you did Sabie then this is much easier. The views from the top are quite spectacular and unless you are a serious racing snake well worth the stop to enjoy.

I've been looking at the route profile nonstop...! Those climbs seems hectic, will have to stop (for the view) to catch my breath...

Why is there so little climbing? 1200m? Not usual in an Ashbuton marathon. We are unfortunately skipping this one as we have a wedding to attend.

i have noted that its going to gold and even wet ..... shees

18 and 22 degrees respectively, with 1.9mm of rain, according to YR.no? I think you will be fine,buttercup.