Dropper on a hardtail?

scubes

This title should be a dropper on anything! Best thing you can do to a dirt bike. Recently bought a 150 lyne and will be testing it out when I get the bike set up this week. Guys are super helpful and give 2 yr warranty. Really impressed with their product so far and especially their service. Giant are now down to 1 year.

I've run giants before and had both fail on me. 1 about 18 mounts in and the replacement about 5 months in. To be honest the customer service and warrenty claims have been pretty average and that has put me off them now. It was a well priced dropper with international brand but now the prices has gone up and the support isn't doing giant any favours.

I've run the same post ina frame that didn't need a shim and one that now does. It doesn't make the slightest difference. Thee is no play, no slip or anything.

What is the weight penalty ( just more or less) that comes with a dropper post?

Probably about 300g?

Hi. I fitted the Forca dropper post. It cost fitted 2k. It really works well. I had the opportunity to test it properly today and must say it works well. I would prefer the handlebar leaver to be on the left but can't as I have a Scott lock out on left already. This became tricky on downhill breaking rear and trying to push the leaver at the same time. I chose this dropper post as it came in a 31.6 size and needed no shims. I heard there is no shims that works perfect every time..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What is the weight penalty ( just more or less) that comes with a dropper post?

Its a weight benefit... no penalty

Hi guys I am new here, where can I get one of these?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Google Lynne South Africa and buy direct - excellent service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I fitted the Forca dropper post. It cost fitted 2k. It really works well. I had the opportunity to test it properly today and must say it works well. I would prefer the handlebar leaver to be on the left but can't as I have a Scott lock out on left already. This became tricky on downhill breaking rear and trying to push the leaver at the same time. I chose this dropper post as it came in a 31.6 size and needed no shims. I heard there is no shims that works perfect every time..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's an easy fix, switch the brakes around so the back is on the left. Way better, in my opinion anyway. Is the lockout for the fork? If it is might as well get rid of that while you at it????

Why would you waste money on a dropper on a hardtail???? Not to mention that extra 300g...

Just kidding - all bikes should have droppers as standard kit.  I have on my trail bike and my hardtail.

Google Lynne South Africa and buy direct - excellent service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks found it [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk