Pure Savage race report: Stellenbosch Cycle Tour - A Tale of Chasing and Chesire Cats

Pure Savage

The Stellenbosch Cycle Tour is traditionally the last race on the calendar (in the Western Cape of course) and has always been a personal favourite for Pure Savage. As such we’ve always had a pretty solid presence in the peleton and this year wasn’t any different with 5 of us lining up in Elite $, 3 in % while Klyde brought up the rear in 1A. With the summer sun breaching the horizon from as early as 5:15am the start gun went off at 6:01am signaling an early leg-tester up the 5km Helshoogte climb.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On an early Thursday Morning I cycled down to the Shell Garage in Mouille Point to meet Brendon as I accepted his invite (via Facebook) to join his group. When I saw a group cycle up from the Virgin Active I asked if Brendon was around and Klyde had stopped to give Brendon a call while the rest rode on! 

Brendon was still in bed :P 

So Klyde and I chased down the others in an attempted to regain the group with Klyde doing most of the pulling. I quickly realised I was out of my depth! 

Well done guys! 

fun write-up.love the vivid anatomical references.

Who was pissant in red?

Yes... Yeah, name and shame. What a knob! (You know what I mean!) Edited by Thor Buttox

fun write-up.love the vivid anatomical references.

Who was pissant in red?

Savage enjoy dishing out insults(Pain) during their race report , just a pity the same cant be said about them during the actual race. :ph34r:

Guy that relieved himself actually gets paid for riding he's, meaning he is as pro as you can get in SA..

ITS Friday.. :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

No hard feelings savage just an honest observation , still enjoy reading your reports so keep it up :thumbup:

Savage enjoy dishing out insults(Pain) during their race report , just a pity the same cant be said about them during the actual race. :ph34r:

Guy that relieved himself actually gets paid for riding he's, meaning he is as pro as you can get in SA..

ITS Friday.. :clap:  :clap: :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

No hard feelings savage just an honest observation , still enjoy reading your reports so keep it up 

The race was just over two hours long, not a 7 hour marathon across France. Even us non-pro's managed to make it through the whole race without taking a leak :P

The race was just over two hours long, not a 7 hour marathon across France. Even us non-pro's managed to make it through the whole race without taking a leak :P

The certain fellow in question made top 5 on the day actually better but leave it there.

That being said, if reliving yourself during the race makes you achieve that, who are we as NON achievers ( Unless one of your boys actually beat him?) to say what he does is wrong or that he shouldn't do it?

Its like saying wanking is better then having sex ,but you are still a virgin :whistling:  :whistling:

Try it, maybe one of you guys will achieve what he did on Sunday

Once again, ITS FRIDAY :clap:  :clap: :clap:  

So just having a little forum fun,, don't take it to serious MR Savage

Edited by Stricker

The certain fellow in question made top 5 on the day actually better but leave it there.

That being said, if reliving yourself during the race makes you achieve that, who are we as NON achievers ( Unless one of your boys actually beat him?) to say what he does is wrong or that he shouldn't do it?

Its like saying wanking is better then having sex ,but you are still a virgin :whistling:  :whistling:

Not taking it serious, maybe need to use a few more  :clap:  :D  :D  :D  :clap:

Edited by Pure Savage

Not taking it serious, maybe need to use a few more  :clap:  :D  :D  :D  :clap:

had me worried there for a moment, have a reputation to uphold on the hub :ph34r:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Anyways, what time do you guys leave gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays ?

Seem to just just miss you guys on the road every time.

I would be the fellow you went pass going up chappies yesterday with the full on winter gear :mellow:  coming down

He didn't come top 5 - he was in the top 100...

Edited by Aaron_B