Have you achieved what you wanted to this year?

Bonus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bunch of yes and some no on my side too. 

2016 highlights:

- Youngest daughter moved in with me full time and we've got a schedule going!

- Started my post grad which will finish in 2017. Getting decent marks!

- Had a good year at work.

- Ran my first marathon

- Surfed some of the biggest waves I have this past winter and more amped than ever!

I caught a stage of la Vuelta but missed catching a stage of Le Tour. Next year we will get to a stage of both!

I did an amazing amount of riding this year but need to make it more structured if I want to keep my fitness.

Made some good "new" friends here, but miss some good "old" friends back in SA :-(

Overall it's been a good year. As my school reports always used to say "could do better if he tried . . . ."

:-)

I caught a stage of la Vuelta but missed catching a stage of Le Tour. Next year we will get to a stage of both!

I did an amazing amount of riding this year but need to make it more structured if I want to keep my fitness.

Made some good "new" friends here, but miss some good "old" friends back in SA :-(

Overall it's been a good year. As my school reports always used to say "could do better if he tried . . . ."

:-)

Bonus

You didn't just catch a stage of the Vuelta you possibly caught the best stage of all of the Grand Tours this year.[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji322]

Mmmm for me...well.. no I don't know if honestly didn't keep track of this year it went past way too fast.

But ending it on a high.. have done more trapping the last 2-3 weeks than I have done all year.

My kids are still awesome

My husband is incredible as always.

All in all a good year.. I don't keep score but we are happy.

PS..Sagan is king of the world... so a great year.

[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Yes and no. Wanted a $ seeding for the stellenbosch cycle tour and wanted to keep up with the front group. Got the seeding after some really hard racing and overcoming 3 illnesses in one year, only to be involved in a massive crash at the Langebaan lagoon challenge. Put me out for the rest of the year. So close, only to lose it at the second. last race. On the positive, I haven't be sick since!

Yep had pretty good year on bike... Was off bike for over 3 years. Started year at 120kg and lost 30kgs in about 30 weeks. Rode my first one tonner in 6:20 my first CDC in exactly 8hrs and Stellenbosch tour in 3:03 so very chuffed with achieving what I set out to do. And still very happily riding my bike

Bonus

You didn't just catch a stage of the Vuelta you possibly caught the best stage of all of the Grand Tours this year.[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji322]

You are absolutely right Gen. That actually was amazing!

We were standing beside the road in Sabinanigo and I was reading Hub updates on my phone. I honestly thought I was reading about the previous days stage! Froome was dropped AND isolated, Contador and Quintana in the break etc. Then five minutes later, barely 30km into the race - the breakaway group go past with Contador grimacing in effort. it was unforgettable. That was the day Froome lost la Vuelta.

Of course we also met the Main Cheese too . . . . :-)

post-4874-0-59356500-1481380332_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-46373800-1481380365_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-54275400-1481380419_thumb.jpg