Tankwa Trek goes fully international with new sponsors & UCI status

News bot

The Tankwa Trek isn’t South Africa’s oldest three-day mountain bike stage race. Neither is it the biggest. But it is firmly on track to become the most internationally recognised, following the addition of two new sponsors and the upgrade to International Cycling Union (UCI) status.

Click here to view the article

One of my biggest cycling regrets that I didn't do this race while it was still affordable (for me at least), I see the entry fee almost doubled since I had to give up mine 2 years ago because of illness.

Looks like a proper mtb event.. 

One of my biggest cycling regrets that I didn't do this race while it was still affordable (for me at least), I see the entry fee almost doubled since I had to give up mine 2 years ago because of illness.

this ^^^ x1000000!

i really really would love to do this race, but its just too expensive for me at least, the same thing is happening with GR300 and RECM200...

this ^^^ x1000000!

i really really would love to do this race, but its just too expensive for me at least, the same thing is happening with GR300 and RECM200...

Agree, at least I got do the RECM200 before the fee got crazy.

20km hill with 1000m elevation on day two, that photo makes me think Klapperkop training will be required

I've done it twice, you get to sleep over on registration day which other 3 day events do not offer, worth every cent.

• 1 month later...