• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okee dokee. so new route is 12km/320m climbing

old route was 11.1km/257m climbing

that's extra 60m of climbing!!!

now means you only need to do 28 laps to do an everesting equivalent ride!

okee dokee. so new route is 12km/320m climbing

old route was 11.1km/257m climbing

that's extra 60m of climbing!!!

now means you only need to do 28 laps to do an everesting equivalent ride!

I did an everest last Saturday - wonder if I can do another one tomorrow...

think the new route will suit me better. Last year I got bumped off my bike by some pansie trying to overtake me on a piece of single track..

Dirtopia's ascent calculations is almost always wrong. Don't be too much worried about it.

My GPS always records a lower Ascent than my riding partner's (by around 10%). I therefor never worry about 'official' Ascent figures.

think the new route will suit me better. Last year I got bumped off my bike by some pansie trying to overtake me on a piece of single track..

There may be one or 2 surprises in the new section. Don't just assume that its a high way.

There may be one or 2 surprises in the new section. Don't just assume that its a high way.

As long as it is not the steep incline type of surprises. The piece of road next the forest to the dam at the top is enough incline for one lap.

As long as it is not the steep incline type of surprises. The piece of road next the forest to the dam at the top is enough incline for one lap.

It would make for interesting racing. The previous route was simple in that regard: 5km to the top, and coast down. Just carry enough momentum to get up the one short steep rise at around 8km, and you've effectively soft pedaled for 15 minutes before tackling the next lap. With one or 2 surprises on the 2nd half, the mental strength of the solo racers may well be tested.