29" to 27.5" Convertion . . .

thesahunter

A better direction to go might be to get keep the 29er wheels and get a shorter stem, wider bars, high volume tires and bigger brake discs. That will take the Scott more toward an all mountain hardtail than 27.5 wheels will.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Kona Process 111 29er, which I built with 27.5 wheels and a 150mm 27.5 fork instead of the standard 120mm. The long fork counteracts the effect on BB height of the small wheels, and slacks the bike out nicely.

Having just spent 4 days on the trails in Rotorua NZ, I can tell you this really works well.

I have a Kona Process 111 29er, which I built with 27.5 wheels and a 150mm 27.5 fork instead of the standard 120mm. The long fork counteracts the effect on BB height of the small wheels, and slacks the bike out nicely.

Having just spent 4 days on the trails in Rotorua NZ, I can tell you this really works well.

Can you post some pics? Sounds like a pretty sweet bike!

My reccommendation if you really want to have a bike that can do both is to look at the 2017 spark or 2017 spez stumpies. But in my honest opinion your bike is great, and upgrading now will mean losing alot of money on your current ride.

Add to the list the Ellsworth Epiphany Convert.