Face Plant

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats this route like?

Rocky, ST, technical etc?

Definitely not technical, lots of jeep track/district type roads. Not too much ST and predominantly flat. Quite a nice mix....and fast!

Hi Guys, As EmptyB mentioned, the route is mostly Jeep track and single track. Generally speaking the route is not very technical. There is only one serious climb on the 70 Km and none on the 35Km

@AlPal the small section of mowed grass is a change that was made to the route to avoid the notorious muddy patches that the route dishes out, after the rains that we have had recently we didn't want to take any chances.

One more change to the route is the exclusion of the water crossings that caused some bottle necks in the past. 

I am sure that last years winning time of 02:18:12 by Henry Uys will be beaten this year , so the race will certainly be living up to its name.... Hope to see you all there

@ Al Pal, i think this would be the perfect route for a rigid singlespeed, if i am not mistaken NotSoBigBen always rides his rigid singlespeed for this race, maybe he can tell you if its suitable or not

Thanks Face Plant. The bike I'm riding won't be having suspension

I have done a few with a single speed rigid and it was fine! In fact I'd say that should it (I hope not) rain a lot just before it's the best weapon ????

Hi Guys

Do any of you know whats the elevation on the 35km?

Next to nothing I'm sure. We ride that area all the time. Great riding but flat. I'd be surprised if the 35km has more than 300m. So come along and have fun.

I live by the BDF cycling pledge. One day. Every day. #9Rules

hopefully not too wet...

Has the venue changed? I see it says Rand Water Site, sure it use to be at Wheelz N Smoke...

hopefully not too wet...

Has the venue changed? I see it says Rand Water Site, sure it use to be at Wheelz N Smoke...

It apparently has ... saw something about the shooting range so actually just a bit down the road?

It apparently has ... saw something about the shooting range so actually just a bit down the road?

I hope the shooting range will be temporarily closed...  :wacko:

Link broken.

Is it not where R4V started in 2014? 2015 it moved to Circus.