Let's support Drug Free Sport - Wristbands

Man with no name

I see that Cyclingweekly now make white wristbands in support of Drug Free Sport. Following recent threads that showed that HUBbers are united for this cause, how about we show some solidarity for this cause at the races?

If you guys agree, I suggest we co-ordinate on a per-club basis. Crux, I am happy to pick up the initiative for TCS.

Please let me know what you think?

Herewith the hyperlink, I don't think the prices are that bad:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/catalog/images/drugfree.jpg

Drug Free Sport Armbands 
Man with no Name25
Psycho1
Jokerman10
Underachiever1
Ian J10
Slowpoke2
Beee                                               1Man with no name2006-10-06 04:02:45

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea - but should our money go abroad - wouldn't it be appropiate for SA Drug-free Sport to launch a SA wristband campaign and to use the income to flush out the chunkys? 

Ideally yes, but to get that type of initiative launched locally may take a while. My idea is to raise awareness ahead of the "high season" approaching now.

Great idea, but let the money go towards getting a decent cycling club organised at Kyalami!  Motorists don't want us on the public roads, now they have restricted the one place where we don't get in their way - where to now?

Man with no name, I agree with you on this, please let me know if TCS are intending on doing this, I know I'm not part of TCS but will gladly wear one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rommel: do you really think SA Drug free sport will use the income to flush out chunkys?

The recent exposure should have served as a wake-up call for Drugfree Sport as well as the law enforcement agencies - if not then SA sport will become like Formula One racing with one manufacturer competing against the other - obviously also discarding the "vehicles" as they become redundant. Pressure about this issue from within the sport on authorities is precious and should be escalating all the time.

Since I am not a member of a club, I shall appreciate it if I can order via one.  I am sure I am not the only one in this boat.

Perhaps Admin can buy and they set up a similar payment system as they did for the Hub cycle kits?

Thanks Psycho, Underachiever and Jokerman. I will keep record of requests and order accordingly. Once we have received, I will arrange for collection at one of the bigger races. The club idea is merely for administrative ease.

Rommel, Stig - point taken, but again, not the spirit of the initiative. Let's keep it simple - lets use this thread for indications of participation while sticking to doping threads to voice opinions. Do the math - we're not even talking R 500 here.

I read in the October "Cycle Sport" that the November issue will have one of these bands packed insideSmile

Oooh! People will hate me for this: I only support the LA yellow, sue anyone that messes with me and crush the opposition at all costs, wristband!!!

Why?

Cause LA's " mess with me and if it is all possible I'll chase you down and crush you like a bug" attitude towards life is inspiring and motivating in this suck up and politically correct wasteland we call democracy. Huh! democracy my a@#$%.

Whee! have fun.

TNT12006-10-06 03:08:39

Oooh! People will hate me for this: I only support the LA yellow' date=' sue anyone that messes with me and crush the opposition at all costs, wristband!!!
Why?
Cause LA's " mess with me and if it is all possible I'll chase you down and crush you like a bug" attitude towards life is inspiring and motivating in this suck up and politically correct wasteland we call democracy. Huh! democracy my a@#$%.

Whee! have fun.
[/quote']

Have you been sleeping with Jason ???? Wink

Oooh! People will hate me for this: I only support the LA yellow' date=' sue anyone that messes with me and crush the opposition at all costs, wristband!!!

Why?

Whee! have fun.

[/quote']

dude, where do i get a livestrong yellow wristband in SA?