failed scam attempt - Apollo khuzwayo - ama steels

G-J

If they rig so that you can sent then money, in other words there is a bank with a bank account number that they use.

Can the bank not be alerted as to this fraudulent activity? 

Even if the funds are removed before the account can be frozen, freezing it will mean  the'll have to come in and open a "new fake account"  to continue with their activities.

Or am I missing something?  

Anything to make life difficult for them or to expose them.

FICA is supposed to prevent this. But it is as useless as RICA is. It's the same type of thinking that believe a criminal will adhere to firearms laws.

These things are only to make honest people's lives more complicated.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell the dude to send the laptop back, mark the waybill " receiver to pay."

All large courier companies have that option.

Guys, sorry, but he has you hook line and sinker if you keep paying. Its R200 here for this, then R500 to reverse that courier charge, then R1000 to cover a damaged insured item. You keep paying and they keep going  "what can we use next to get money from them". Look up scam baiters and read some of their stories. I am going to be exceptionally surprised if you get anything back given what people have said about the same chap.

Dont pay, if you can keep annoying them and make up you own stories to keep them busy and try prevent them from catching someone else because they are so busy with you.

Hi Guys

Apollo khuzwayo,from ama steels pretoria tried to fake a standard bank transfer in the hope id let his "courier" collect the bike. He smsed an id copy and i recieved an sms from std bank.

He phoned several times but disappeared when i insisted the money had to reflect on my acc.

He called off +27 62 673 1670. I doubt it was his real name and probably used some poor chaps id.

FYI...

I had the exact same thing, but it was with my son and wife trying to sell his Playstaion 3 on Gumtree. He placed an advert "Danielle" phoned almost immediately, offering R5000 for the unit and 25 games. He said he worked at AMA Steel. He posted a Standard Bank letter as proof of payment from Michael Scofield first and then Danielle second. If i hadnt got home in time to intervene, they would have given his "courier" the unit. Once i told him i would give it to him when it reflected in my account i never heard from him again. His name was Daniel. Looks like this guy is trying really hard to "steal" whever possible.

Edited by Paulst12

• 4 weeks later...

Hubbers

This guy also contacted me AMA STEELS CONSTRUCTION, his name is Godfrey now, tel no 0835806068. Send me a sms proof of payment, did not even want to view the bikes - which seems very strange.

My advice is do nor release any goods before you confirmed that you have the money in the bank. Do not take cash either - it is more dangerous.

We will always see this scammers as long as we sell high value goods.

Keep it safe and simple.

Regards 

Hubbers

This guy also contacted me AMA STEELS CONSTRUCTION, his name is Godfrey now, tel no 0835806068. Send me a sms proof of payment, did not even want to view the bikes - which seems very strange.

My advice is do nor release any goods before you confirmed that you have the money in the bank. Do not take cash either - it is more dangerous.

We will always see this scammers as long as we sell high value goods.

Keep it safe and simple.

Regards

Hope you didn't get taken?

Do the deal.

When the "third party" comes to collect the item, you have a direct link to the scammer (if not the scammer himself).

What you choose to do with the "third party" is up to you.

It astounds me how many people are still caught out by these swine.

Do the deal.

When the "third party" comes to collect the item, you have a direct link to the scammer (if not the scammer himself).

What you choose to do with the "third party" is up to you.

It astounds me how many people are still caught out by these swine.

To be honest, I would not risk this. Rather give it trough to the police. Me or my families lives are much more important. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks Like I have the same situation.

A "Godfrey" contacted me also AMA Construction.

Sent me a payment notification via sms, but I'm not getting my actual proof of payment from the Standard bank.

He told me that they would like to collect at 6pm at easgate. As their team is leaving for polokwane.

Thanks for your post, it just confirms my relictance to release the bike before I see the money in my account.

Sent me a payment notification via sms, but I'm not getting my actual proof of payment from the Standard bank.

He told me that they would like to collect at 6pm at easgate. As their team is leaving for polokwane.

Thanks for your post, it just confirms my relictance to release the bike before I see the money in my account.

another gent who doesn't get his bike stolen.  :clap:

Hurray for the power of the hub

I am keen for a roadtrip to EAstgate this afternoon... say 6PM, I have a set of golf clubs I haven't used in a while, maybe we should introduce Godfrey to them...

I am keen for a roadtrip to EAstgate this afternoon... say 6PM, I have a set of golf clubs I haven't used in a while, maybe we should introduce Godfrey to them...

make sure its a 9 iron !

SOMEone should corner him and/or his accomplices live on the handover and do something about him!  What a jackass this person is...

Jokes aside

I can totally see how mob justice takes place in communities where they get fed up with criminals getting away with theft/slavery/murder.

The anger generated in me by reading these scam stories is less than 1% of the anger a mother would feel if her children's lives are being destroyed by druglords.

I don't condone their actions, but I can try to empathise with their feelings.

Hopefully life/karma will catch up with these guys at some stage and they will get what they deserve.