Helmets Safety Tool, or Fools Device

Patchelicious

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I Do believe that it is a Safety feature.

I was hit by a taxi about 5 years ago now and my Bell was in three pieces. I had a little bit of concussion and couldn't remember to lekker for a day or two. (Actually up to today I still forget things)

Doctor's comments said that if I did not have a helmet on my head I probably would be here today.

weather we believe that it is a safety tool or a myth does not really matter. Cycling rules determine that we should be wearing helmets.

that's that for me obviously!

Sounds like it saved your life.

I am sure that we will not unearth much anecdotal evidence that goes ".... and thank goodness I wasn't wearing a helmet"

I was hit by a taxi about 5 years ago now and my Bell was in three pieces. I had a little bit of concussion and couldn't remember to lekker for a day or two. (Actually up to today I still forget things)

Doctor's comments said that if I did not have a helmet on my head I probably would be here today.

weather we believe that it is a safety tool or a myth does not really matter. Cycling rules determine that we should be wearing helmets.

Well, if the taxi obeyed the rules then YOU would have not needed a helmet.

There is no doubt that with helmet is safer than sans helmet.

Surely the debate is risk versus reward?

I dig cruising the hood without a helmet - reminds me of a bygone time when cycling was way more fun and way less posercockmeasuringjudgy.

And if his parents didn't conceive him, we could say the same.

Well in that case the post I made and the one you made would neither be here...

Actually, come to think of it, the man is here because protection was not used.

#safetyfirst

And if his parents didn't conceive him, we could say the same.

both these statements are true, but the taxi's do exist and they are not the best drivers so I did need the helmet!! ;)

Well in that case the post I made and the one you made would neither be here...

Actually, come to think of it, the man is here because protection was not used.

#safetyfirst

in today's life sense of humor keeps us alive!

just love this reply... hahaha