Want to trade a Mountain Bike, need help

Xip3r

I have an Axis A60 27.5" 27 speed Hardtail Mountain Bike that rides really swell, though it has a puncture right now. I love the bike but I love road cycling even more and want to trade it for a decent road bike of the same value, but I'm completely new to the world of cycling and don't want to be done in by any scams or anything so would like to reach out to the experienced traders here on Bikehub to help me, where possible, with this.

Is it best to sell it and buy a new road bike or will I be lucky enough to find someone in my area — Pretoria East — who'd be willing to undergo a deal with me? 

I sincerely don't want to appear as lazy or anything of that nature, and don't want this to look like someone is doing my job for me, but I don't know where to begin. So even any tips would be duly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Axis A60 new was about R5800, so used you will be lucky to get R3500 to R4000 depending on condition.  I'm not sure that you will get a decent road bike in that price category.

Axis A60 new was about R5800, so used you will be lucky to get R3500 to R4000 depending on condition.  I'm not sure that you will get a decent road bike in that price category.

That doesn't bode well for me, but thanks for replying at least. I'll just save up for a proper bike then I guess.

I have an Axis A60 27.5" 27 speed Hardtail Mountain Bike that rides really swell, though it has a puncture right now. I love the bike but I love road cycling even more and want to trade it for a decent road bike of the same value, but I'm completely new to the world of cycling and don't want to be done in by any scams or anything so would like to reach out to the experienced traders here on Bikehub to help me, where possible, with this.

Is it best to sell it and buy a new road bike or will I be lucky enough to find someone in my area — Pretoria East — who'd be willing to undergo a deal with me? 

I sincerely don't want to appear as lazy or anything of that nature, and don't want this to look like someone is doing my job for me, but I don't know where to begin. So even any tips would be duly appreciated.

Thanks. 

I've also got an mtb, like new condition and wanting to go into road cycling.

Should go to cycle lab and do a trade in for a used road bike. You might find a nice used one there.

When last there I saw a Schwinn full carbon with 105 components for like 7.5K

I'm still hesitant though, when i got the road bike i will miss the mtb. And now when i got the mtb i want road. lol

A person should always try have both types  :w00t:

I've also got an mtb, like new condition and wanting to go into road cycling.

Should go to cycle lab and do a trade in for a used road bike. You might find a nice used one there.

When last there I saw a Schwinn full carbon with 105 components for like 7.5K

I'm still hesitant though, when i got the road bike i will miss the mtb. And now when i got the mtb i want road. lol

A person should always try have both types  :w00t:

N+1, its the golden rule.