If you had.....

Mongoose001

Kona Kula, thanx for the opportunity. But as I have less than 1000 posts, wait, less than 100 posts, crap, less than 80 posts I think its best if you pass it on to someone more deserving  :devil:  :devil: Us coloureds!

So I managed to twist the arm of this unsuspecting young man

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/233544-silverback-dakota-mountain-bike/

Gonna be my new wheels, hopefully by this afternoon  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

This doesnt mean I aint gonna loaf for stuff  :ph34r: as I still need kit

No worries, enjoy the new ride.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mongoose,

I have a bike you can have. It is pieced together but... It has done the epic before and is a solid option.

Its a Kona AA with V brakes only.

Wheels are mavic 819 tubeless and are bombproof. Xt hubs

The rest is a mix of xt and slx components.

The shock is a Judy that seized so now acts like a rigid. But I reckon you can pick up a new or used 26" shock very cheap. Or maybe someone will donate one to you.

I am also in Southern suburbs Cpt so the only cost will be for you to come and collect it.

There is a young man in the area that would like something like this. If you have nobody else in mind then I can arrange for you guys to meet.

There is a young man in the area that would like something like this. If you have nobody else in mind then I can arrange for you guys to meet.

Sure if he can benefit and will enjoy it. You can PM me.

Now this is how a cycling community should operate. Nice one guys.

I hope you are referring to Kona Kula's generous offer, and not the fact that the OP rejected the purchase advice ;)

My bikes home. Got to do some shoping tomorrow for some kit. The boys said they aint wearing body hugging tights. Now that i think of it neither will I. Bwahahaha. Cant wait to get to one of these places.

And to Kevin, a MASSIVE thanx for the Kona. Servano couldnt contain himself when i said the bike was for him.

Will be sure to get some pics up as soon as i can.

The boys said they aint wearing body hugging tights. Now that i think of it neither will I. Bwahahaha. 

Wonder how many other spandex wearing cyclists, besides myself, have said the very same thing. ;)

Trust me - most of us aren't wearing them to make a fashion statement!

Lets say 5k (give or take a K or 2) to spend on a medium sized MTb, what would you look at? I know this aint much for a bike, but I cannot spend anymore than that, even though some would probably say, save up more money and buy a decent bike of 10k minimum.

What would you look at, frame brand, components, shock type/brand etc etc. Is there anything one should keep an eye out for?

Thanx

Silverback sola 4. Just got one second hand a week afo for 5700. If you have patience you will fimd a good second hand one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Theunissa

Here's the problem. I wont be able to mess around with all the ladies thats gonna be chasing me and still try to navigate the tight corners and little jumps

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Wonder how many other spandex wearing cyclists, besides myself, have said the very same thing. ;)

What kind of statement are the guys wearing white bib shorts making :/.

So went out shoping yesterday, for some kit. And oh my golly gosh. These things are expensive. Cheapest helmet i coul find was R400, gloves were R300 and not to mention everything else that i needed. And all this times 2. So for now im gonna have to save up some more to get these before i hit any trails.

So went out shoping yesterday, for some kit. And oh my golly gosh. These things are expensive. Cheapest helmet i coul find was R400, gloves were R300 and not to mention everything else that i needed. And all this times 2. So for now im gonna have to save up some more to get these before i hit any trails.

Are you looking for yourself or kids?

• 2 weeks later...

Was for myself and my son. Thanx to Iwan from the forum for the helmets and gloves as well as the extra bits.

Appreciated.