I'm looking for new road pedals...

AndreZA

I'm currently using Exus 'Look" type pedals that still came with my bike. They still work 100% but they look huge and they weigh a ton.

I was looking for Speedplay cromoly X3s but can not find it locally. So I turned to Time RXS' and recently started looking at Ultegra SL's. I want something with alot of float and very little stack height. Oh yes, the cleats need to be easily available.

Any one got experience with these pedals or got some other advive. Please note I am not at all interested in Campag or Looks.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, all will be said on this topic :)

But from my experience you can not go wrong with Time..........I have talked to a coupel of Pro's who have switched from Look to Time due to them having had bad experiences where they pulle their cleat out of the pedal under servere power...........

This seems to have been sorted with the new range of Looks.....

As for me.......I'll die a Time Supporter.....

The Shimano range of pedals are also not bad at all

Well that's my 2 cent's worth...use it don't use it :)

Got the time pedals on.....VERY impressed.  MTB and road.

I went for the cheaper option and they work 100%

Have done over 10 000km in a year.  No hasles.  No foot coming out of the pedal at any time. 

You have got your RXE and your RXS.....The RXE being the cheaper option....the only feature it does not have compared to the RXS, is the Sensor Elasicity Tuning..

Other than that, identical!!

http://www.totalcycling.com/productimages/fullsize/time_rxe.jpg

Mampara, I have the Look Keo Sprint on my Specialized ('cause I'm so f*&king SPECIAL).  Much better than the old looks.  Have tried the Time pedals, but didn't like them that much.

I'll give the Time pedals Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up

Absolutely awesome pedals, and since I've had mine, not once uncliped during a ride, race etc.

Can't go wrong with these pedals!

Hmmmm, I have to differ their my dear Wife to be :)

Look will never be the same as Time :) Just like Campag will never be the same as Shimano :)

Hmmmmm, ek slaap op Welkom vannaand :)

All I can say is that Look has stepped up their game so it's really up to personal choice........have not hear anything bad from their new range of pedals....

Anyone got a spare blanket for me for tonight :)

Yip, as you biys and gals can see me and wife to be has one major opinion difference when it comes to pedal hey :)

What's that saying.........Having a different opinion is the spice of life :)

....still think I'm going to sleep on our Welcome matt at home though

Look seems to have the ability to squeek. I don't know why but some people I know who have look end up having to wax their cleat to keep it quiet. I would rather go Time anyday if you have the finance.

Yipp, have to agree with WW.......as specially when you start to push pull with stax of power...............

Have nt seen it in indoor training but allot on the road.........in races........and that is just anoying....similar to a rattle on a bike.........enough to get road rage....well that's me anyways

I ride with the new impact time pedal. I have ridden time pedals for the last 4 years. The only pedals i will ever ride.

Although i ride the new RXS impact (Time) and it tends to click alot, irritates me, so i  have sent them in to be serviced.

But i think you will be making a good choice if u choose the impact!

Don't have that problem with my look keo's had it with my old one's

Yes jokerman I think you will sleep outside this weekend.. many reasons   smiley17.gif