Big Red Barn

PrinceVlad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree 100%

I think the sections under the trees flow beautifully! Not the hardest ride but a real fun ride...

And there is a pump track... :thumbup:

For Me on the East Rand:

If I want to train and do some distance = Modders

If I want to have a bit of fun with a challenge or two  = BRB

There are groups that ride to BRB and back from the East Rand. If you include a BRB loop, a cool 90-100km ride :)

• 7 months later...

Hi all 

What would be the most fun way to get a 30km +- out of BRB. 22km is just too short and the 42km is a little out of reach with our current level of fitness. 

Would a 2+3 be best or do 2+1/2 of 2 and bail out at the pump track? 

I can't remember how many fun section 3 had. 

• 2 months later...

Can anyone please share a strava ride of the 42km route?

Keen to try it out tomorrow.

Edited by DR ◣◢

I was there about 3 weeks ago - it's very well marked even for my useless navigation skills. (My strava file won't help because I had to take a short cut near the end due to a mechanical.)

I was there about 3 weeks ago - it's very well marked even for my useless navigation skills. (My strava file won't help because I had to take a short cut near the end due to a mechanical.)

I need the ride on Strava specifically for segment names, route profile etc.

______________/\_/\_/\_/\___________________________ 42km

4 very small jumps on route....

Mostly entertaining. Thank you.

I had a look on Trailforks and the map is a bit outdated. Segments such as Flow Track isn’t there and various segments are unnamed.

I had a look on Trailforks and the map is a bit outdated. Segments such as Flow Track isn’t there and various segments are unnamed.

Sorry its the only thing i could think of that might assist you.

Im gonna see if anyone on my strava has ridden that route lately and will share if i find someone.

Sorry its the only thing i could think of that might assist you.

Im gonna see if anyone on my strava has ridden that route lately and will share if i find someone.

Thanks so much.

I can find a lot of riders that start in Midstream and do a variation of it but not the actual route.

Did you manage to do the 42km route? I am keen to have a bit of an adventure and attempt it tomorrow. Either that or "Enduro" laps at Grootfontein.

Did you manage to do the 42km route? I am keen to have a bit of an adventure and attempt it tomorrow. Either that or "Enduro" laps at Grootfontein.

We ended up doing a mostly the 20km with various sections of the 42km thrown in for fun. Ended up at 30km in total having a ton of fun.

The 42km is definitely a big step up from the rest of the trail. Good challenging adventure. Loved it.