Gandalf

I keep forgetting to activate the bloody software :P

Who is the Willem Goosen rider?

a machine, thats who.

I checked his routes on strava, seems like he does 50km one way per day.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a new commuter within the next week or so :clap:  - can start the challenge then without worrying about wear n tear on the mtb. 

Will be joining more beer fridays soon Hairy :thumbup:

Starting new Job 1st March, much further away, so no more commuting, till we figure things out from there.

Going to try commute as often as possible in feb, to contribute to the challenge total :thumbup:

Starting new Job 1st March, much further away, so no more commuting, till we figure things out from there.

Going to try commute as often as possible in feb, to contribute to the challenge total :thumbup:

I'll take over from you in March ;)

• 4 weeks later...

starting to remember to start the software before my commutes .... hit 1039km this morning and will add to it when going home this evening :P

starting to remember to start the software before my commutes .... hit 1039km this morning and will add to it when going home this evening :P

Cool.  Now I know who you are.  Weather still not playing along here (well it is actually still winter here so I should not complain) and can only put in max one ride a week to work.  Maybe tommorow but next week is not looking good (rain and snow predictions).

Sounds like a fun challenge, but I'll probably forget to start the app most rides. I have however been commuting to work and back almost every work day for the last 30 odd years. Unfortunately it's only a ±10 km daily trip, so I will not accrue a lot per week/month.

Good luck to all taking up this challenge! :clap:

Edited by Jaco Steyn

Commuting home today in joburg was interesting. Got caught in a massive storm. Ended up waiting at a garage for quite a while for the lightning to bugger off. Got seriously drenched.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Commuting home today in joburg was interesting. Got caught in a massive storm. Ended up waiting at a garage for quite a while for the lightning to bugger off. Got seriously drenched.

Respect for riding in that! I waited till 6pm before I left Sandton.

was woes hey???

we hid in a bus-stop for 30 minutes or so trying to avoid the worse. Everything still soaked this morning so had to get the "spares" out for this morning muddy commute (all along Spruit from Parktown North to Midrand)

Last summer I was hit by one heck of a thunderstorm on my way home.  The lightning strikes were way to close for comfort especially cycling through a forest.  Ending up sprinting for a bridge to hide under.

I am in the opposte position. Moving to within 1 km of new office premises from being 124kms away.