Royal mail - Delivery

WR 1.0

Anyone ordered form UK and had stuff shipped via Royal Mail?

I ordered stuff end of Nov. The tracking worked well and now has been showing "Your parcel has arrived in Johannesburg and is being prepared for delivery"

Status hasn't changed for almost a week?

Any idea on where the package might be stuck?

I ordered stuff end of Nov. The tracking worked well and now has been showing "Your parcel has arrived in Johannesburg and is being prepared for delivery"

Sounds like is still at Joburg International mail centre... will eventually be released

stuck at our customs and post office who just barely got back from holidays and aren't fast at the best of times (and had to force the doors open because of the huge piles of stuff that arrived while they wherent there over xmas and new year)

don't feel bad I had a month long brawl with DHL who apparently all went on holiday and left the man who normally makes the tea in charge of everything :wacko:

Edited by bikebloke

stuck at our customs and post office how just barely got back from holidays and aren't fast at the best of times (and had to force the doors open because of the huge piles of stuff that arrived while they wherent there over xmas and new year)

don't feel bad I had a month long brawl with DHL who apparently all went on holiday and left the man who normally makes the tea in charge of everything :wacko:

Had the same with Aramex Global Shopper, stuff arrived on the 15 December 2016 from USA, finally got the package today!!.... seems there was no one in the accounts department over the holiday to process customs and invoices

PM 'Cippo... HE had similar issues, his stuff arrived today though in Cape Town...

Royal mail great in uk ....SA

Post Office and customs the problem ... I had a order brought back by friend from uk because I knew it would be slow and chaotic this time of year .... Africa time

As above, held up in customs! One parcel using Parcelforce and another using Royal Mail, and don't bother expecting jhb international mail centre to respond to an email or answer the phone......driving me nuts!!

I ordered stuff in October and November and only received them this week. SA Post office at their best.... :thumbdown:

Phone the customs no. Eventually someone will answer. Get your SA tracking no and SMS to 32932. You can also go to parcel depot at the back of airport to try and get it before they post it to your post office

I have a parcel coming from Germany. I ordered on November 25th and still haven't recieved it.

Managed to get through to the call center this week and they notified me that my parcel is at customs. The tracking says it has cleared customs and already been delivered to the local post office. The local post office has no record of the package.

They are now trying to attempt to locate the parcel as no one has any idea where it is.

My order took 3 months to arrive from royal mail :thumbdown:

It will come when you least expect it.

Edited by andreas17777

@WR 1.0 all I can say is patience. Parcelfotce and Royalmail are the equivalent of our SAPO. I had 2 parcels leave UK amd Germany on 3 Dec. German parcel arrived just before Xmas. UK parcel arrived today at Capemail. CRC uses Jersey post which takes 2-3 weeks. Spoke to guys at Capemail today and the problem is at JIMC. Parcel takes 2 days to arrive from Europe and then it sits at JIMC gathering dust until they scam it. Customs takes about 2 days and then eventually it leaves for your local mail hub. I had a parcel leave Jhb on Friday and it arrived yesterday at Capemail. Try the Post office app and it will send you notifications with about a 12 hr delay. You can check manually as well. Amother website to use for all parcels are 17track.net. Totalcyling in UK uses Parcelforce and that takes 5-6 weeks. Merlin Cycles uses a courier and that takes 4-5 days to your door. I have ordere from Bikebug in Australia as well and they take 4-5 days to your door. If you gonna email JIMC you will be lucky if they reply. I would even bother with calling. Most times your local PO can track it for you as well.