Test ride the 2017 SCOTT range at your local trail

News bot

After hosting successful demo days in Gauteng, SCOTT Sports Africa will be running a series of countrywide demo days for you to test ride the 2017 SCOTT range of bikes, including the all-new Spark platform that took top honours in at the Rio Olympics.

Click here to view the article

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to ride these in CPT this weekend.

Me2

Presently stuck across the border for work, so amping to ride again. What better way to celebrate my return than to ride a new bike.

Went this morning with my dad.

We started both with the Spark 910 and wow such an amazing ride!

Originally booked the Spark RC, but wasn't available due to the fact that we were 5 mins late. Did not worry to ride it anyway, as it was pretty much full carbon.

Okes at Scott was friendly and the bike was set according to how you want it. Did the B-Spot and the climb following it afterward, but did took the shortcut through the vineyards, because my dad is not so fit.

I then took the Genius 720 Plus for a spin, this time going on my own. Went to Terra and what a breeze it was! Those big wheels make a huge different and the suspension is in the other league!

Really enjoyed the demo expo and hope to see them next year as well.

Awesome fun riding at the Scott Test Day. The new bikes are seriously impressive. Tested out 2017 Scott Spark RC Pro, Spark 910 920 and Genius 720 Plus.

The RC Pro is very light and quick. The new 910 and 920 Sparks were great fun to ride. And the Genius 720 Plus was seriously impressive. The 2.8 tires had crazy grip.

Thanks to Scott for a great test day.

Now to look at my finances...

Thanks Scott SA. Strava logged just over 2 hours and 30km's on a 920, 910 and RC Pro. Interestingly I was fastest on the trail version both up and down yet the RC was faster in segments that required more tight manoeuvring such as the one switchback section. Guys were extremely helpful and friendly, open to chatting and making all sorts of specific adjustments for me without a gripe.

I'd take a 920 swop to a 1x with a 1x46 XT cassette, 34 or 36 ring, carbon bar, Spez Power saddle, XTR shifter + pedals and all done. As someone who does long-ish rides of 4 hours + (over 5 on a marathon with my heavy trail bike) I think the RC a little tiring with so much trail chatter but maybe much was down to the skinnier tyres and not the suspension, I'm not sure. But I like to run 2.35 / 2.4 tyres and the Spark RC only supports up to 2.3 widths (the standard Spark supports up to 2.4 according to the brochure so rim widths are different). Thanks again Scott, great bikes, trails and weather!!