Is CW cycles service slipping ? Or they just too busy ?

mudda

I have always had good service and good response ... except for yesterday ..

So I sent this email yesterday @10:51am on a deal I am interested in ...

Brakes on special - description says bled .. features says not bled ...

Suspect my question is an easy one to answer ? yes Bled - or no not bled

No response at all ? yes I could phone .. however this is an online deal .. so it will be online confirmation.

Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2017 10:51 AM
To: 'sales@cwcycles.co.za' <sales@cwcycles.co.za>
Subject: This advert is confusing ... SHIMANO XT M8000 DISC BRAKESET

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/shimano-xt-m8000-disc-brakeset

Powerful fully bled XT hydraulic Servo Wave disc brake. High power and controllable braking for all MTB riding styles. Fully bled lever and caliper comes without adapters or rotors giving you the freedom to customise to suite your bike. Short stroke Servo-Wave mechanism for quick pad engagement and more power for aggressive riding. Shim-less mounting system allows for quick setting up. Oversized 22mm twin phenolic pistons optimized for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness. Recommended for use with Ice Tech rotors for optimum braking performance (Not Supplied).

Features:

·         Brake Lever: 2 finger, Forged alloy

·         Needs to be Bled (does not come pre-bled)

Help me understand which one it is ? Bled or not bled ? 

Don't want to sound like one of those CWC acolytes on thehub but jeez dude - at least give them one working day to answer a mail before posting online complaints?

And yes, you are correct, you could phone.. If getting an answer on this is a higher priority to you than bashing CWC

Don't want to sound like one of those CWC acolytes on thehub but jeez dude - at least give them one working day to answer a mail before posting online complaints?

And yes, you are correct, you could phone.. If getting an answer on this is a higher priority to you than bashing CWC

+1, stupid rant

Jislaaikit. it's 50% off and you're nitpicking.  whatever it is, bleeding brakes is not such a big deal.

In the time you waste in posting this ridiculous rant you could have ordered the damn brakes, fitted them to your bike and bled them yourself if they were not bled already!

There is this almost forgotten technology, it's a phone, that you can use to speak to people from a distance. Use it and get your answer instantly. No one is going to bite you, totally safe! Plus, no one will steal your email address and spam you either. Another win!

Response received from CW - all sorted.

ermm - I like CW cycles.

Use them often.

And will in the future ... 

I have always had good service and good response ... except for yesterday ..

So I sent this email yesterday @10:51am on a deal I am interested in ...

Brakes on special - description says bled .. features says not bled ...

Suspect my question is an easy one to answer ? yes Bled - or no not bled

No response at all ? yes I could phone .. however this is an online deal .. so it will be online confirmation.

Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2017 10:51 AM

To: 'sales@cwcycles.co.za' <sales@cwcycles.co.za>

Subject: This advert is confusing ... SHIMANO XT M8000 DISC BRAKESET

http://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/shimano-xt-m8000-disc-brakeset

Powerful fully bled XT hydraulic Servo Wave disc brake. High power and controllable braking for all MTB riding styles. Fully bled lever and caliper comes without adapters or rotors giving you the freedom to customise to suite your bike. Short stroke Servo-Wave mechanism for quick pad engagement and more power for aggressive riding. Shim-less mounting system allows for quick setting up. Oversized 22mm twin phenolic pistons optimized for heat insulation, lightweight and stiffness. Recommended for use with Ice Tech rotors for optimum braking performance (Not Supplied).

Features:

· Brake Lever: 2 finger, Forged alloy

· Needs to be Bled (does not come pre-bled)

Help me understand which one it is ? Bled or not bled ?

I bought a XT brakeset from them and it was a so called J-kit.

This means it is pre-bled and sealed but disassembled. The levers have plugs and hoses have little sealing membranes on the ends. You have to remove plugs and join hoses in a specific sequence to avoid leakage....the little membranes get punctured on assembly and no need to bleed if you get it right.

But.......unless your bike is XXL you're gonna want to shorten those hoses so you need to plan on doing a bleed anyway. And you need 2 olive kits if you shorten the hoses. These come with a barb and a fresh olive (ferrule).

Always had good service from CWC and always got exactly what I ordered....even recently.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Response received from CW - all sorted.

ermm - I like CW cycles.

Use them often.

And will in the future ... 

So your rant was totally uncalled for?

Mods please delete this thread

Edited by Wil6