Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

Hi

Just note the entries have opened for this race. 

http://www.karootocoast.com/

THE RACE DATE IS 24TH SEPTEMBER 2017

The Pennypinchers Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain Bike Challenge is a 100km off road race from UNIONDALE to KNYSNA via the Prince Alfred's Pass. The route is scenic, challenging and riders are encouraged to train sufficiently for this event in order to maximise the enjoyment of the experience.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laughed. Cried. Gave up. Pushed on. Then only started the ride. Entered to get to do it all over again.

It was a hard day out in 2014. But I'm a sucker for punishment. Hope I will be quicker this year...

Other than the suffering the scenery was fantastic.

My entry is in. More importantly though, transport to Uniondale on the morning of the race has been paid for and confirmed. Last year we got a shuttle back to Uniondale after the race to fetch my car, and then drove to Sedgefield for the night. That was a terrible idea as I did not realise it is a 2+ hour drive from Knysna, so we only got to Sedgefield after 7pm.

• 2 weeks later...

entered and accomodation booked...  in oudtshoorn.

i read through last year's fred and it seems the uniondale places are sketchy and booked out quickly any ways.  also received a 50% discount due to my diamond discovery status  :thumbup:  230 days to go!

Also looking at booking accommodation in Oudtshoorn, is this the best place to stay near there? Luckily the driving has been sorted.