Thule rack ramaged my car

_freak_

We use the same; I strap 1 x 29'er and 2 x 24's to it and have never suffered that type of damage in 5 years.

I have noticed though and this might be the cause of your problem; the ratchet straps does creep, so I have resorted to tying knots after fastening and also to check if the straps if the trip is longer than 45 minutes or bumpy road.

also don't fool yourself thinking certain racks are fool proof, plenty of stories of bikes being dragged behind car from cradle type towbar racks, bottom line is check, double check, tripple check and then drive. Really it is the day you don't quite wake up, load the bike and damage car or bike and such is life, you usually only make these mistakes once atleast...

i have the mount on one like this, but its a platform rack, works a dream and is very quick. 

Also no ugly tow bar sticking out or sticking out waiting to karate chop your shin!

I've used the same roof rack for about 6 years on my Kia Picanto and it never dented the roof like that. I did use some old tyre tube on the bottom clap to prevent those marks shown in you pic. 

Regardless of the rating but is 30kg not on the heavy side for these racks?. I've been using one for a few years, always sort of, half scared and weary that it might damage my car, but I will never fir more than a single bike on it.. Just doesn't feel right  :blush:

Regardless of the rating but is 30kg not on the heavy side for these racks?. I've been using one for a few years, always sort of, half scared and weary that it might damage my car, but I will never fir more than a single bike on it.. Just doesn't feel right  :blush:

Rating is 45kg

and on more than one ball mount I have had 3 bikes on it

Personally, I will NEVER recomend this tipe of rack

and

I will NEVER use one like it again!!!

Ive been Using Thule for years and never had this issue, Im not dissing the brand, i love my ball mount racks to bits!

you get towhitches with 50kg static vertical weight limits on them as well hey, be careful in thinking all towbars are made equal... 

Have a buddy that this happened too as well. Was the first time using the rack and the hooks weren't in properly, dented and bent his boot on his hyundai.

I only use the back of my bakkie or the towbar of my car. I got roofracks for my car to put a third bike on the roof but never even fitted them as i am crap scared i forget the bike on the roof.

also don't fool yourself thinking certain racks are fool proof, plenty of stories of bikes being dragged behind car from cradle type towbar racks, bottom line is check, double check, tripple check and then drive. Really it is the day you don't quite wake up, load the bike and damage car or bike and such is life, you usually only make these mistakes once atleast...

and NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER let anyone else load or secure or transport your bike.