Cape Town coffee ride with Giant and Liv Bikes

News bot

ccs-38514-0-62837900-1484494274.jpg

looks like a noob argus rider with his helmut (deliberate spelling) at an angle like that :P

Haha after seeing this photo of myself im feeling like a noob - was hoping most people would have been too blinded by the bright yellow shoes to notice.....

Haha after seeing this photo of myself im feeling like a noob - was hoping most people would have been too blinded by the bright yellow shoes to notice.....

lekker bionic, two posts into your account and you show good humour and banter, welcome :thumbup:  :clap: ! 

It was the gloves, you needed yellow gloves.

Are the two giants the female and male bottom of the range? Just a Liv and Giant variant?

I think the Avail is the ladies version of the SCR. Based on the Claris groupset.

My Fiance has the 2016 SCR 2. We've made no changes to it apart from bar tape, fitting a ladies Arione and fitting a 34 bail out gear which came in rather handy in the Alps in Sept. I'm no expert roadie but it feels like a MUCH better ride than my better speced Merida and we only paid R8500 from Giant Cape Town.

I'm  BIG FAN of Giant Bikes. We've got 4 in the family.

TCR

SCR

2015 Reign

2012 Reign X

Edited by Duane_Bosch

ccs-38514-0-62837900-1484494274.jpg

looks like a noob argus rider with his helmut (deliberate spelling) at an angle like that :P

Jerome the Brat pack all had serious swagger and all their hats were tilted. Ask your parents. Oom Ben and I know this.

Jerome the Brat pack all had serious swagger and all their hats were tilted. Ask your parents. Oom Ben and I know this.

Maybe he's just got a skwif head.

I think the Avail is the ladies version of the SCR. Based on the Claris groupset.

My Fiance has the 2016 SCR 2. We've made no changes to it apart from bar tape, fitting a ladies Arione and fitting a 34 bail out gear which came in rather handy in the Alps in Sept. I'm no expert roadie but it feels like a MUCH better ride than my better speced Merida and we only paid R8500 from Giant Cape Town.

I'm  BIG FAN of Giant Bikes. We've got 4 in the family.

TCR

SCR

2015 Reign

2012 Reign X

Awesome, one of the ladies we ride with has the carbon Liv and is really amazing bike.

I just find for the same money sometimes the ladies bikes are a bit more pricey than the mens equivalent, I was told this is because they bring in fewer units. The new ladies Scott road bike looks lekker with discs.

Are the two giants the female and male bottom of the range? Just a Liv and Giant variant?

HI

Essencially yes, although the Avail is more similar to the mens Defy (the higher model Avails come with disc brakes) the Contend is "in-between" the geometries of the TCR and Defy so gives a racey feel but with a slightly more upright riding position..

I dont know how feasible this is - but the next time you guys do something like this can you invite a few hubbers along?

Would be great to swop bikes around just for a "feel" on what it is like to ride different models of different brands.

Yes, I know, bike size is an issue, as is distance, cleats etc. But was thinking maybe of something like along Table Mtn road that is flat kinda out and back and will allow for various people to hop on and off to test them?