Cycling kit polls

Gavster229

Kit choice  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which kit would you prefer?

• Top end, extremely well designed from local brand
    • Brand named kits e.g: Giant, Specialized etc.

Hi fellow Hubbers. 

Im busy doing some market research and in desperate need of your opinions. 

The question I have is what would your new kit purchase be if you had the choice between the big brand names or a very well designed and top quality kit from a local company. In this instance lets assume the price for both were the same.

Thanks so much in advance for all your answers. I really really appreciate it.

Have a lekker day! :thumbup:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked at this a few times to get set up a brand and the fabrics that alot of the euro manufacturers use aren't really available locally. You nee dot head to one of the big fabric trade shows in china or where ever and source some material that fit's in the Castelli / Vermarc PPR / Cuore mold.

My theory was that there were so many seamstress' unemployed in CT that it's be a great uplift / social development angle. Still looking to revisit this in 2017 but the cost analysis for material / selling point / manufacture was leaving very small margins. 

I've looked at this a few times to get set up a brand and the fabrics that alot of the euro manufacturers use aren't really available locally. You nee dot head to one of the big fabric trade shows in china or where ever and source some material that fit's in the Castelli / Vermarc PPR / Cuore mold.

My theory was that there were so many seamstress' unemployed in CT that it's be a great uplift / social development angle. Still looking to revisit this in 2017 but the cost analysis for material / selling point / manufacture was leaving very small margins. 

I think the biggest issue I have found so far is the lack of professionalism and lets do this attitude in this country. Most places are wanting you to use there existing templates and half of those are bought in china as blanks.

Hoping we can come at this with a new angel :) 

Thanks  so much for the feedback

I would definitely buy quality local kit. There has been some progress in the sock department recently, but there is a distinct lack of proper riding kit. 

IMHO this is all too often because the graphic design work has been left to the accountants.

I would definitely buy quality local kit. There has been some progress in the sock department recently, but there is a distinct lack of proper riding kit. 

IMHO this is all too often because the graphic design work has been left to the accountants.

Very true ! Luckily a graphic designer actually started it and I think the designs are looking to compete with international brands  :thumbup:

Very true ! Luckily a graphic designer actually started it and I think the designs are looking to compete with international brands  :thumbup:

Got some samples for us??