Cycling kit polls

Gavster229

Kit choice  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which kit would you prefer?

• Top end, extremely well designed from local brand
    • Brand named kits e.g: Giant, Specialized etc.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Local

Imported

professional quality

top brand

acceptable

cheap and nasty

We are not competing in the lower middle market so the poll is really for purchasing made in the higher end of the market. 

Top end, extremely well designed from local brand

I assume "extremely well designed" includes fit, durability (through a number of seasons) and comfort?

Top end, extremely well designed from local brand

I assume "extremely well designed" includes fit, durability (through a number of seasons) and comfort?

Thanks, and yes definitely is about the above. 

Yeah, you guys are fast and cheap :P

...and trying to change that mentality  :blush: 

Cut me deep Patch  :thumbdown: 

Sorry Gav, I've semi hijacked your thread here. Will take my leave. All the best (I mean it), if you want any advice, info etc - please feel free to pm me. I'm well versed in the path you are heading down.

Each time I see a Pyga price, I think that too, but in truth, that seems to be a premium product. I've not ridden one because I can't afford to HAVE to afford one  :mellow:

If all things are equal, why shouldn't the prices be the same?

The reason people would rather buy an overseas premium item is because the item has a proven track record over many years/decades vs a newly launched local item that "claims" to be the same quality.

Kit like Santini, Asos and the likes you know what you getting when you purchase it.

Its like saying someone shouldn't go for the Ferrari of R6mil but rather buy a newly launched local super car for R6mil  :whistling:

Any new to the market product should always be cheaper than the big name players who have been in the industry for years/decades to win over the buyer first otherwise Rand for Rand the established product will always win.

Sorry Gav, I've semi hijacked your thread here. Will take my leave. All the best (I mean it), if you want any advice, info etc - please feel free to pm me. I'm well versed in the path you are heading down.

You know I'm pulling your leg bud..... :)

Thanks Will do. :) 

The reason people would rather buy an overseas premium item is because the item has a proven track record over many years/decades vs a newly launched local item that "claims" to be the same quality.

Kit like Santini, Asos and the likes you know what you getting when you purchase it.

Its like saying someone shouldn't go for the Ferrari of R6mil but rather buy a newly launched local super car for R6mil  :whistling:

Any new to the market product should always be cheaper than the big name players who have been in the industry for years/decades to win over the buyer first otherwise Rand for Rand the established product will always win.

Great response thank you!!