Bike Hub Features

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

socks are socks. don't waste your money

THIS 1000000000000000 times over !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so rather spend A 150 bucks on 5 pairs of no name shimano socks or Trail fees or Wheel bearings.

Socks are not going to improve my ride but a bike that runs good or a day pass to a good park will.

YOU DON't  have to share my sentiment !! 

Power to all you sock dopers out there  :thumbup:

Edited by BaGearA

Sorry to say but the SOX Footwear socks are not great.

I bought a pair as they are funky looking (Red Mustache), but after 1 ride have got holes in both socks. 1 above the laces on my right foot and 1 in the heel on the left foot. They have also started to fray after a few washes.

Pity as I was super keen to add those Orange ones to my pile of kit

I bought a pair as they are funky looking (Red Mustache), but after 1 ride have got holes in both socks. 1 above the laces on my right foot and 1 in the heel on the left foot. They have also started to fray after a few washes.

Thanks for the inside info, not that keen on local brands to be honest as the quality is still not that of imports that said Versus seems the best of the local stuff, I have 5 pairs :lol:

Well said BA.  

I thought I would try socks I saw at The Crazy Store 3prs for R50.  100% cotton so they don't hold shape but are fine/great for cycling.  love these and are so worth it as i also wear them to work every day.

Happy days.

this is getting out of hand. i'm all for quality and have fallen victim to some early trends, defeet lumo socks come to mind, just give me well priced, high quality long black socks, 

THIS 1000000000000000 times over !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so rather spend A 150 bucks on 5 pairs of no name shimano socks or Trail fees or Wheel bearings.

Socks are not going to improve my ride but a bike that runs good or a day pass to a good park will.

YOU DON't  have to share my sentiment !! 

Power to all you sock dopers out there  :thumbup:

Well said BA.  

I thought I would try socks I saw at The Crazy Store 3prs for R50.  100% cotton so they don't hold shape but are fine/great for cycling.  love these and are so worth it as i also wear them to work every day.

Happy days.

I take it you guys aren't really into fashion then...

I find a good pair of socks does improve my ride both physically and mentally (look good...feel good...perform) and if they're colourful that's a bonus!

If we were to only go with function over form/fashion the world would be a boring place. 

To each her/his own.

My orange pair are my go to socks, especially on the road (excellent visibility). They've seen a lot of action. No holes yet *fingers crossed*

My R30 "XTR" socks last about 8 months of general enduro riding (if I don't fall and write them off) 

They keep my feet comfortable on longs days when I also have to hike up hills like hakahana

and that is all I want want form a sock and that is what they give. 

Plain simple and cheap and no Media hype to try and justify my 140 bucks socks ( I did not even know there are socks that cost 400 bucks F0k ! :eek: