Bike Hub Features

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moseley calling people wankers is like Cliff calling people douche bags.

Gareth Cliff is mostly right (I can't comment on David Moseley though).

In cases like this, I like to refer back to The Rules.

Rule #28 // Socks can be any damn colour you like.

"White is old school cool. Black is cool too, but were given a bad image by a Texan whose were too long.  If you feel you must go colored, make sure they damn well match your kit."

I take it you guys aren't really into fashion then...

I find a good pair of socks does improve my ride both physically and mentally (look good...feel good...perform) and if they're colourful that's a bonus!

If we were to only go with function over form/fashion the world would be a boring place. 

To each her/his own.

The socks are flipping in fashion!  Sorry to say this because fashion is out of fashion.

Baby blue with yellow stripes.  Maybe I should post a pic.

Ankle socks... I have always worn ankle socks. To work, on the road, on the mtb. Up until 18 months ago no one cared as they enjoyed my company . 

The same people now will say 'you can't ride on the road with those..' as well as pretend not to know me when other more hip cyclists enter the fray.

Quoting and following rules that were written as pure Irony ups their stakes to level 7 gazillion. Irony.

This sock doping thing is out of hand. One must remember that cocaine was fashionable in the '80's as well. Doesn't make it acceptable.... 

its sacrilege to wear boring socks while out cycling .... :blink:

and its a safety issue you are much more visible with loud colourful socks spinning around on the sides of your bike .... :thumbup:

Ankle socks... I have always worn ankle socks. To work, on the road, on the mtb. Up until 18 months ago no one cared as they enjoyed my company . 

The same people now will say 'you can't ride on the road with those..' as well as pretend not to know me when other more hip cyclists enter the fray.

Quoting and following rules that were written as pure Irony ups their stakes to level 7 gazillion. Irony.

This sock doping thing is out of hand. One must remember that cocaine was fashionable in the '80's as well. Doesn't make it acceptable.... 

I used to enjoy your posts, not sure I am going to ever read them in the same way ever again.... :(

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NPH-dissapoint.gif

Edited by Patchelicious

Getting the right sock is pretty important to me. I get hotfoot with my most expensive pair; Assos, I hate them. Versus appear to keep changing their material/cut, I have multiple pairs and none of them fit the same. Toe seams irritate the hell out of me. #firstworldproblems #tactilehypersensitivity