• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need proof of address, copy of ID & 2 passport photos. 

I'll never understand that little bit. I could live under a bridge. It's got F0KKOL to do with them.

But yeah. With all the great trail now legal a Sanprks activity card is a BARGAIN!

And...... We can LEGALLY shuttle. The granite and the glen for a quick arvo session with 1 (light) beer at Bacini.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

You can get a permit from SANParks - either a year-long activity card or a day pass.

E.g. at the start of the Lions Head walk? If not where is SANParks situated so that one can conveniently get a day pass?

I find the easiest to be Kirstenbosch Gardens. Ask for a Mountain Biking Permit (it's a level 3 activity card)

If you go with 3 mates, the price goes from R 500 each to R 286 each. 

Need proof of address, copy of ID & 2 passport photos. 

Is this price for year?

I didn't need proof of address. Nor did the six of my mates wh0 all bought permits. Only I.D. (or copy of ID if not going in person) and 2 ID photos.

If you go with 3 mates, the price goes from R 500 each to R 286 each. 

Wonder if that is a seperate thread where rubbers looking to find a spare person or 3 can meet up. 

hummm.... now that's starting to sound like a weird MTB tinder permit vibe. 

does anyone else call that granite boulder section Moab? I thought that was it's 'official' name?

I think it does now that its legit.

Now you guys just need to come ride some KZN trails... You know there is a spare room available and PLENTY of great trails ;)

Indeed, we know! Take a look at the TrailDaze articles on Drakensberg and Karkloof that have already been posted ;)

Edited by iRide

We did a long distance explore 10 days ago and found some of the good stuff. This article and comments came a week or so too late :-). Going to have to go back this weekend!!

The descent and traverse form the Kramat on Signal Hill to Kloof Road is super fun but more trail bike friendly than most of the other recently opened trails. It even has boardwalk and drops and a very tech bit of stair descending onto the tar that I gave up on riding. We were there on a Saturday morning around 830am  and it was busy  - walkers, runners and dogs. 

The entrance to the proper Glen single track eluded us thanks to official signage placed around 20m before the actual entrance which took us down dozens of stairs. Quite fun in its own way but nothing like the Glen proper,  looks like. Not sure why there is even a sign there at all. 

The granite rock is extremely grippy making some of the tech rock gardens a bit easier I thought but as they say, if you come off on that stuff its going to remove some meat...

Now if only we had a bunch more such tracks around that part of the peninsula.

You can get a permit from SANParks - either a year-long activity card or a day pass.

How much is a day pass? I can't seem to find this option on the SANParks website - only the annual activity permit for R500.