Bike Rack for Polo GTI

mrlinks

Hi all

I am looking for a clip on bike rack that fits a Polo GTi.

Any suggestions is appreciated?

Thanks

ML

Bosal towbar and Thule Express

The clip-on's damage the car and is a headache to install/remove when needed.

Thanks for your suggestions

I am trying to avoid the tow-bar option because I dont really like the way they look on the rear of my car.

Get the Thule removable towbar. I have it now on my polo and looks great. Got it discounted to R4800.00

Get the Thule removable towbar. I have it now on my polo and looks great. Got it discounted to R4800.00

Thanks will have a look at this one :-)

I am trying to avoid the tow-bar option because I dont really like the way they look on the rear of my car.

You'll like the way the boot mount carriers damage your car far less I can assure you . No ways having plastic /metal / rubber resting on your paintwork holding the weight of a bike won't do some damage. I've got a dull patch of paint on the tailgate of my new bakkie from one trip with a mattress strapped over the back and 2 bikes resting on that .

Just check with some models of Polo GTI's the back box for the exhaust in installed in such a way that a tow bar cannot be fitted.

Just check with some models of Polo GTI's the back box for the exhaust in installed in such a way that a tow bar cannot be fitted.

Thanks

Other option would be a roof rack.

As everyone said a hang on rack is just ***. I don't trust them after my thule came loose and my bike got wrecked.

My platform rack withstood about 3k km this December holidays all over the horrible dirt roads of Lesotho and the Drakensberg without developing any issues

I got a new Polo at the end of 2016 and was thinking roughly the same thing, but the thought only lasted a week. If you transport your bike regularly, a platform rack is one of the best purchases you'll ever make. Compared to a proper platform on a towbar, all other bike transport options suck.

I almost took a GTI at that point and can confirm that if it's a GP (as in 2014-current) model that a towbar can be fitted.

Other option would be a roof rack.

As everyone said a hang on rack is just ***. I don't trust them after my thule came loose and my bike got wrecked.

My platform rack withstood about 3k km this December holidays all over the horrible dirt roads of Lesotho and the Drakensberg without developing any issues

Nooit :eek:

I always want to see my bike :ph34r:

polo GTi................... that car is waiting to get stolen!

Edited by coppi