First Ride: 2017 Specialized S-Works Epic 29 World Cup

Bike Hub Features

According to our classifieds search data, the Specialized Epic is the most sought after bike on Bike Hub. Perhaps due to this wide appeal, it has also become a symbol of endurance racing in South Africa, and all the connotations that come attached to the stereotype. Opinions aside, this was my first significant experience with this iconic race bike and I was intrigued to see what all the fuss is about.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

................but what is the weight of the bike???

I knew this was coming. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get the bike near a scale.

Would saying that it felt light suffice?  :blush:

I knew this was coming. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to get the bike near a scale.

Would saying that it felt light suffice?  :blush:

Actually no it wont for R140k. Spez online police scan the entire web for any references to actual weight and deletes it, thats where the expensive servicing money goes. Spez bike weights is top secret for some reason...

Actually no it wont for R140k. Spez online police scan the entire web for any references to actual weight and deletes it, thats where the expensive servicing money goes. Spez bike weights is top secret for some reason...

I'm sure one of the many Spez shops will gladly weigh one for you if you are interested in buying one.

If you do a Google search for "Specialized Epic S-Works weight" you will find quite a few links with actual weights quoted. 

If you do a Google search for "Specialized Epic S-Works weight" you will find quite a few links with actual weights quoted. 

Let you google that for me?

................but what is the weight of the bike???

It varies with size. I ride a medium and when its race ready it is 10.4 with the swat box and RS1 fork- I have heard of lower weights with the new SID which is a bonus.

its like riding a Bentley and know its a glorified passat underneath.

never! these bikes go go go go! I'm converted!

That colour though. Love my (black) S-Works, though it took some getting used to. As for the Spark, all that crap on the handlebars ;-).