First Ride: 2017 Specialized S-Works Epic 29 World Cup

Bike Hub Features

seems pretty easy to get the weight to me,

http://sparkbikereview.co.za/review-2017-specialized-s-works-epic-wc/

"The frame is Specialized’s Fact 11m carbon frame, which is the lightest, stiffest carbon they make. The S- Works is also the only model in the range that has a carbon rear triangle as well. This drops the total weight of the bike to a feathery 9.7 kgs (without pedals). That’s pretty impressive."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Personaly prefer the non WC version for the little bit of extra squish, but this is a dam pretty bike that can move with the right engine powering it!!

Sorry I haven't bought a new bike recently, so the price of R140k just blows my mind. How much would a similar specced carbon framed bike e.g. Anthem Advanced, Scott etc cost? Surely not R140k?

Very vice bike, but I tend to agree with Nick that most of us "average" riders would probably be more comfortable and confident on the likes of the Camber.  Without trying to completely hijack the subject, what about bikes with newer XC geometry like the new Scalpel Si and Spark RC with head tube angles of 69.5 and 68.5 deg respectively?  Would they now hit the sweet spot between the Epic and Camber, or would they still be considered too twitchy for a less skilled rider?

Sorry I haven't bought a new bike recently, so the price of R140k just blows my mind. How much would a similar specced carbon framed bike e.g. Anthem Advanced, Scott etc cost? Surely not R140k?

Sorry but you cannot compare it to an Anthem. Cannondale's top offering is 190k and Santa Cruz is about 180k so all in I think the price is not to bad.

Sorry but you cannot compare it to an Anthem. Cannondale's top offering is 190k and Santa Cruz is about 180k so all in I think the price is not to bad.

you are right you cannot compare it to a anthem as the anthem has a life time warranty on frames ,anthem shocks does not need to be serviced after 500m , so yea please dont compare it to a anthem  

tongue  in cheek

So you're saying the Anthem Advanced is a much worse bike than the Spaz? :whistling:  

So you're saying the Anthem Advanced is a much worse bike than the Spaz? :whistling:  

Yes :ph34r:  There top model is a 27.5, still has a Alu rear triangle and that's $8750.

http://therichest1.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Honma-Five-Star-Golf-Clubs-.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=763&h=373&fit=crop

Honma Five Star Golf Clubs – $32,000 (R432,640.00)