[Event] Masgcor Cederberg 100Miler - The Race

Rouxenator

Event Name: Cederberg 100 Miler - The Race
When: 23 April 2017
Where: Yellow Aloe Guesthouse, Clanwilliam, Western Cape
Category: MTB

THE RACE

ONE DAY THIS IS THE REAL MAKHOYA. THE ULTRA-MARATHON RIDER’S MUST-DO-EVENT OF 2017.

100 MILES IN ONE DAY OVER THE GRUELLING CEDERBERG MOUNTAINS.

The one-day race starts at The Yellow Aloe in Clanwilliam and finishes at Kaleo Guest Farm.

Date: Sunday 23 April 2017

Starting time: 7h00

Venue: Yellow Aloe Guesthouse, Clanwilliam

Finish line: Kaleo Manor, Koue Bokkeveld, Ceres.

Cut off time: 18:30 – 11 and a half hours

Total Distance: 160km.

Elevation: 3200m

Entry Fee: R750

(includes goodie bag and t-shirt)

Optional (riders must select upon entry):

Saturday supper R100

Post race meal R100

Go to Event Page

• 2 months later...
Event Name: Masgcor Cederberg 100Miler - The Race
When: 23 April 2017
Where: The Yellow Aloe, Clanwilliam to Kaleo in the Koue Bokkeveld, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Race takes place on Sunday 23 April 2017. If you are worried about logistics, there is a shuttle organised for The Race riders: you will leave your car at Kaleo on Saturday 22 April (your car will be safe there), and take the shuttle to Clanwilliam. Registration is at The Yellow Aloe, where The Race also starts at 7h00 on Sunday. Visit the website for all the info.

NEW: Enter The Race and receive a cool event cycling shirt and a free entry to Gravel Travel MTB & Trail Run (13 May 2017)!!!

Go to Event Page

hubevents-12757-0-30291000-1485937446_thumb.jpg

hubevents-12757-0-43229600-1485937457_thumb.jpg

hubevents-12757-0-37367700-1485937464_thumb.jpg

hubevents-12757-0-04546800-1485937480_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting the event!! I also added the same event under the events list with some more info and pics. All entrants will receive a free event cycling shirt and a free entry to Gravel Travel MTB & Trail Run (13 May 2017). Looking forward to see you there!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and kid are also stoked for this one. It's our 3rd time and we booked ourselves two nights at Kaleo and a very nice spot in the same street as the start. 

Will be thinking back to the last TransKaroo on this ride. Pieter sure knows how to make a memorable endurance ride. 

It's my first time there. So do not know what's gonna happen but sounds like a proper endurance event. 

Staying in Clanwilliam, driving home from Ceres. All those spectacular areas included I guess. 

Kaleo Manor was hosting Tankwa Trek - such a nice venue. It also has some crazy singletracks several kms before the finish so I wonder if they gonna include that here.

Hi Catty, 

You are going to love this ride, what makes it so special for me is how small it makes me feel when I am out there with these wide open spaces and big mountains around me.

About the single track, no this is strictly on the public dirt roads so there is nothing technical - all endurance. It is pretty much the same as the last part of the 2013 TransKaroo downride.