Seyffert reveals new partnership at TransCape

News bot

Ok, I'll say it.

Ex doping offender gets profiled for this event, partners with a chap who is as yet innocent, but previously ridden with dubious partners.

At the same time last year's winner of this same event who is very very quick to call out other event organisers for allowing convicted dopers into events is suddenly silent, hopefully not because he is defending champ and a statement would put him at odds with the event organisers.

Its all very complicated.

I'm all for second chances myself, as far as being allowed to ride is concerned, but the profiling of ex dopers doesn't sit too well, as Epic found out.

LOL everything that's wrong with cycling, right here. 'Ex' dopers still just as fast without the juice, welcomed back to the fold, and the hero for an event. LEKKER EKSE.

And on an international scale, Lance and George and those okes still pull the crowds and people wear Hincapie clothing and he sponsors a dev team. LOL LOL and more frikken LOL and we all wonder how come the doping merry go round never stops, just keeps on spinning round and round, and everyone turns a blind eye to the garish great big smorgasbord of prancing horses and glitzy glitter right there in front of us and pretends it doesn't exist.

'Man is infinite in his capacity for self-deception' ja kiff okes.

Feeling for TW... I think. Now partnered with PS (caught for juice) and big mate of RC (If I'm correct?) who happened to travel to a world cup with syringes and is now sanctioned (?)

Edited by TheJ

You know what the BikeHub can also do? Is not only voice their opinions about this from behind their screens on the forum.

If you truly care about a clean sport you won't only make "clever" comments when a news story is written on the BikeHub. But rather do something in person, go make comments under your real name on Facebook or Twitter, or talk to the "dopers" in person. There is a difference between people who want to make a difference and people like SkankHunt.

As much as I dislike cheaters, cowards top the cake.

You know what the BikeHub can also do? Is not only voice their opinions about this from behind their screens on the forum.

If you truly care about a clean sport you won't only make "clever" comments when a news story is written on the BikeHub. But rather do something in person, go make comments under your real name on Facebook or Twitter, or talk to the "dopers" in person. There is a difference between people who want to make a difference and people like SkankHunt.

Agreed. The reason sponsors still sponsors ex dopers and not young talent is because news sites and events feature ex dopers, not young guns. 

Ok, I'll say it.

Ex doping offender gets profiled for this event, partners with a chap who is as yet innocent, but previously ridden with dubious partners.

At the same time last year's winner of this same event who is very very quick to call out other event organisers for allowing convicted dopers into events is suddenly silent, hopefully not because he is defending champ and a statement would put him at odds with the event organisers.

Its all very complicated.

I'm all for second chances myself, as far as being allowed to ride is concerned, but the profiling of ex dopers doesn't sit too well, as Epic found out.

The previous winner is only loud behind a keyboard it seems. He has had face to face confrontations with ex banned riders (for whatever reason) and said nothing, only to later say thanks for the great racing during the event they partook in together.

Edited by J Wakefield

Sheesh patches.. it's friday [emoji1]

What I can do is try to make sure I am a ok human being and in terms of sport/cycling, try to ride clean.

But I kind of get your drift.

The previous winner is only loud behind a keyboard it seems. He has had face to face confrontations with ex banned riders (for whatever reason) and said nothing, only to later say thanks for the great racing during the event they partook in together.

Jip, just thought I'd point out the irony/ hypocrisy.

Its hard to be consistently principled when you rely on free entries and 'sponsorship'.

Like I say - I'm all for second chances to just be able to ride - after all that's what 99.9% of just want to do.

Are you guys referring to the ex cricketer that transformed into a 50 year old race winning MTB machine who beats Pros half his age?