Buffelsdrift Mountain Bike Park

The free radical

On Buffel Route, as you go up with the fence on your left, before Super Tube 

I ride there mostly alone .Please show us the spot exactly so that we can be prepared 

post-63611-0-62551200-1615809433_thumb.jpg

BD is pretty remote and I've never had an issue riding alone there. Pretty sure this is an isolated incident, especially given Francois's description of that section. Seems like it may have been an moment of opportunism from the poachers more than anything.

If anything this should be met with more support and riding.

Glad the guy got away unhurt. Although it would also have been good to acknowledge the response from Buffelsdrift and police in the description.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was some kind of retaliation from the poachers, I saw a post on FB that they found and removed I think 30 snares in the area, pretty sure the scumbag poachers would be upset about that Edited by Chadvdw67

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was some kind of retaliation from the poachers, I saw a post on FB that they found and removed I think 30 snares in the area, pretty sure the scumbag poachers would be upset about that

We are launching a Friends of Buffelsdrift initiative to address the poaching of our animals by way of setting snares.

We have created this Telegram Group and have a dedicated person driving it. Please join

https://t.me/joinchat/GWM0O1r6ffEwZmQ0

• 1 month later...

I hadn't actually ridden the trails as such but only done the Nissan Trailseeker races there. I rode  this weekend and really enjoyed it. Trails were looking beautiful and coffee afterwards was good.

Definitely going back again. 

Ground out the 50km Nguni on Saturday afternoon.

A solo ride in near perfect weather. Nice and cool with not even a breeze. 

Trails are well maintained and well thought out. 

Great experience and I felt completely safe. 

A welcome change from my usual foot-out flat-out riding. 

Same here, first time out to Buffelsdrift on Saturday. 

Cooler weather help. 

Did the short Nguni with my wife and although she is still not comfortble on certain trails the only place she pushed her bike was with 2 of the fence / cattle bridges that were quite high and steep. 

Other than that, great trails, good brekkie bun and cappuccino afterwards.

Going there this weekend for final Sani prep. Will ride Sat, Sun & Monday to simulate Sani conditions. Even staying on site for the weekend.

Good time for a double buffels. Enjoy

• 1 month later...