First Look: 2017 Momsen VIPA TWO

Bike Hub Features

In 2017, we're introducing the Bike Hub long-term test fleet. We'll be putting these bikes through their paces as we would our own bikes for an entire year, documenting the highs and lows along the way to give a more thorough and practical review of the bikes.

The first bike to arrive is the Momsen VIPA TWO. The delivery caused a ripple of excitement in the office. Workstations were deserted as we unboxed: ooohing, aaahing, analysing the extent of the “yellow”, weighing components, and generally ogling this shiny new race weapon.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are paying R62k for a mtb.............they can at least have a remote lockout on the rear shock!

For me that comes down to preference.

Personally I prefer the fact that there's no remote lockout on the rear. Having it on the front makes a lot of sense for those last minute situations (when you forget). But not having a single lever for both means you can independently control the lockout on each. And a separate remote lockout for each would just mean a cluttered cockpit!

What is the two bolts for on the top tube?

One of those screw on food/spares boxes they have on the Momsen site.

Yeah. Momsen call it an Integrated Toptube Box:

Momsen Box.jpg

Momsen Box 2.jpg

Still fugly, and stupid. Buy a Pyga 110 or Banshee Phantom, Specialized Camber and you will have a bike that can climb as well, and rape the Vipa on the downhills.

Pointless bike.. don't waste your money here on a Momsen

you forgot to add "in my opinion" 

In my opinion you cannot even come close to comparing a pyga 110 and a banshee phantom. maybe an epic

Somehow they always mange to make their bike look cheap , I'm sure it rides a little better than it looks .

If you are paying R62k for a mtb.............they can at least have a remote lockout on the rear shock!

My Rocky mountain came with a rear remote lock out, i actually want to convert it to non remote ctd! hat the clutter on the handle bar