First Look: 2017 Momsen VIPA TWO

Bike Hub Features

Alright, in my opinion then, but just because something is from South Africa doesn't mean it should look like a cheap and nasty China Carbon copy.

South Africa produced some great industrial designers, Keith Helfet, Gordan Murray, Pierre Terblanche and Oona Scheepers just to name a few.

I am sure if Momsen put up a forum where designs could be submitted by local industrial designers, some really special designs would filter through.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two tone color is not great ...

It would be a looker if the entire frame and chain stays  were "black" ..

with the other "bits" yellow as is ...

I had the Vipa Team Issue and it was a great bike, really enjoyed it. Sadly it was stolen and I bought the Scalpel 3 for R65k. So far I prefer the Scalpel.

I sat behind Admin on the N2 on my way back from 24hr oak valley. This rig was on his bike rack.

Admin drives like a granny.

So did I for at least 10kms.

That is one looker

show me a brand that does not come from china land...

anyway way to much hate for local brand here. looks like the speznaz and cannondonkie guys like to spend a lot of money on a lot of BS marketing hype.

anyway awesome bikes awesome okes and for a young brand like they are i am sure a lot of great bikes will come from them. 

love to see price comparison on this bikes specs vs the rest.

If you are paying R62k for a mtb.............they can at least have a remote lockout on the rear shock!

Yeah I wouldn't want that... but the rim decals on the other hand! Stans have a yellow option :D

Have there been any changes to the VIPA frame since 2013/2014, when it was introduced?

Big mods to the rear triangle. I think the brand is evolving each year.

The bike is a true stage racer with steeper head angle so might not be for everyone.

Very keen to hear the 'unbiased' review like the one done on the Epic. Big ups to Bikehub.

Big mods to the rear triangle. I think the brand is evolving each year.

The bike is a true stage racer with steeper head angle so might not be for everyone.

Very keen to hear the 'unbiased' review like the one done on the Epic. Big ups to Bikehub.

Isn't this exactly the same frame with new colors? The 1 x rear triangle was on last years bike. There was rumor of a Vipa trail but that never materialized. I personally don't think Momsen is evolving. They are using the same mold and manufacturing the same frame with new colors. It's a good bike (I owned one) but they do need to innovate. 

Guess Momsen shelved the 'Trail' VIPA when Victor Momsen & Co. got their grubby paws on the rotting corpse of Morewood Bikes. 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/gear/gear-news/preview-2016-momsen-vipa-trail-featuring-275-compatability-r3303

At their recent dealer launch event, we spotted the latest iteration of the Momsen VIPA Trail. Scheduled for launch in the second quarter of 2016, the Trail version will provide a longer travel option to the VIPA lineup with a "mild" and a "wild" build option.

Edited by ØÐINSȪƝ