Cyclist down Tokai Road 5th Feb

cadenceblur

Came across scene earlier at approximately 15:30. Hit and Run. Cyclist was being stabilised by residents. Ambulance arrived while we were there. Happened in the direction to Tokai trails just before centre were Trail and Tar is. Apparently a motorist gave chase but the driver got away, not sure whether his number plate was identified. There are numerous cameras on that stretch of road so hopefully footage will be available.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh, another incident! I hope the guy isn't hurt to badly and heels up soon to ride again and I hope that the bastard in car gets whats coming to him........ ????

Terrible news again.

What is happening people?

Hit and run seems to be the order of the day as the perps know the incident will not be followed up?

Strength to the rider.

Edited by Sepia

This is sickening. I was gonna do a road ride this morning, and decided not to, every week the is an incident or 2 and its keeping me off the road bike. 

I will rather risk a fall on the DH lines in tokai.

All the best to the rider.

Oh FFS!!

Do the cycling bodies think we will just keep taking this??

With SA Champs and CTCT just around the corner, one would think that CSA and PPA would be yelling off roof tops about safety....

yea they should be,but as long as we don't stand/ boycott together. The relative authorities don't seem to hear us .