Bike Hub Features

In a world where we are bombarded with information from our bike computers (never mind the post ride analysis tools), the CatEye Strada Smart looks to cut out the clutter and deliver only the essentials in a sleek package. While the Strada Smart can connect to via Bluetooth to sensors, it makes the most sense for those looking to get their ride data from their phones onto the handlebars.

Click here to view the article

What happens if you have a ANT+ capable phone? Can you pair that to the sensors and then the info displays on the device via BT?

Are one of the screens map mode? I.e. viewing a route in guidance mode?

Unfortunately not. It's just the route I had ridden for that ride.

Unfortunately not. It's just the route I had ridden for that ride.

By the looks of the map you stopped your ride halfway down?

Did something malfunction or am I reading it wrong?

Can get a Lezyne Mini or Bryton 330 GPS for under R2500. You can even get a Bryton 100 for under 2k if you are prepared to live without a warranty and bring it in directly. The screens on my Bryton are customizable so you can "cut the clutter" or not depending on preference.

And if you want your phone GPS data on your bars get a bar mount for your phone. Freely available in most self respecting bikeshops for most popular phone brands.

I honestly don't understand why this device even exists.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Can get a Lezyne Mini or Bryton 330 GPS for under R2500. You can even get a Bryton 100 for under 2k if you are prepared to live without a warranty and bring it in directly. The screens on my Bryton are customizable so you can "cut the clutter" or not depending on preference.

And if you want your phone GPS data on your bars get a bar mount for your phone. Freely available in most self respecting bikeshops for most popular phone brands.

I honestly don't understand why this device even exists.

I like CatEye equipment.. but I'm also battling with this one? Especially at R1500! If this was the 'evolution' of a basic cycle computer, then fine, but not at R1500... but maybe I'm being a cheapskate.

Also, I dont think having a flashing light indicating that you getting a phone call or message is particularly 'revolutionary'... personally, I prefer to not know whats happening on my friggin' invasive phone when I'm out on the trails... if im expecting an urgent call, then I just put my ringer on loud. And, with notifications on our modern smart phones nowadays... I'm pretty sure the Cateye would be constantly flashing...

By the looks of the map you stopped your ride halfway down?

Did something malfunction or am I reading it wrong?

I have a habit of quitting all the open apps once I've checked all my notifications. In this case, I accidentally quit the CatEye Cycling app. It should probably have some sort of kiddy lock or auto-resume to prevent you from doing so.

• 7 months later...