Review: Fox Metah helmet

Bike Hub Features

Fox's Metah builds on their original trail helmet the Flux, with the Metah adapting to the demands of modern trail and all-mountain riders. The design principles behind the Metah were to create a helmet with broader coverage and protection while maintaining good breathability at a light weight.

Click here to view the article

Nice if you like Daffy Duck on your head....

It looked silly to me at first glance too. But I must admit. It kinda grew on me. 

The star spangled paint also makes it seem longer than it really is.

The all black and similar variations look great.

http://images.evo.com/imgp/enlarge/100165/437650/fox-metah-black-bike-helmet-matte-black.jpg

Been using the Metah for around a year now and was also worried at first about it's "bigness", I find it very comfortable. I can vouch for it's robustness as I hit a rock with the side of my head and only caused scratches on the paintwork with no head injuries, thumb however didn't come off so well, but that's another thread.

Edit: also have the all Black version

Edited by Albatross

Having ridden since shortly after they landed in RSA...The visor is NOT  problem in the slightest.

However the lid is a little front heavy and has a slight tendency to want to flop downward if not tightned. Which so far has only been marginally irritating. Mostly only though when landing off drops while wearing sunglasses.

Having ridden since shortly after they landed in RSA...The visor is NOT problem in the slightest.

However the lid is a little front heavy and has a slight tendency to want to flop downward if not tightned. Which so far has only been marginally irritating. Mostly only though when landing off drops while wearing sunglasses.

Try using the replacement inners that come with the helmet, they're thicker and stopped mine from tipping downward. The inner retention system also has an adjustment where it attaches to the helmet near the strap mountings; just pull it loose and plug into the other holes.

Try using the replacement inners that come with the helmet, they're thicker and stopped mine from tipping downward. The inner retention system also has an adjustment where it attaches to the helmet near the strap mountings; just pull it loose and plug into the other holes.

Yeah have tried the inner tightening mechanism adjustment and will give the pads a go as well to see.

I wonder why people moan about the visor though...

On a very steep downhill it does obscure vision very slightly, but the longer peak saved my face when I landed chest first on a barbed wire fence. Shirt was torn up but not a mark on my face.