Help an ex roadie . Need mtb advise

Brickleberry

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BMC are clearing old stock at ridiculous prices, I know someone who bought a new 2015 TE01 with XX1 parts for around R35k.  If you are looking for a dual suss you might get a Speedfox in that price range.

BMC are clearing old stock at ridiculous prices, I know someone who bought a new 2015 TE01 with XX1 parts for around R35k. If you are looking for a dual suss you might get a Speedfox in that price range.

CcGallery in Durban has been offloading stock at amazing prices!!

Having had two Epics, I love them, BUT I must say that at that price point, I think the Anthem offers a better package?

Edit: As a self proclaimed "ex roadie" now, consider this our last amicable engagement, sies!!

;)

...im done. useless hubber,.once thought to be on the dial, in secret,...now slapped around like an old newspaper on a Kouga windscreen, not knowing in the last two days that 1) Reid and Neethling aint lovey dovey anymore, 2) Lill man infact got married to thát girl now 3)...and then, Patch don't hate them "wide love handles" no more....???? Edited by Brandon78

How do I determine the exact year model of my giant anthem? It seems like the only thing that seems to change on these bikes are the colours. I'm specifically referring to the older alluminium models.

How do I determine the exact year model of my giant anthem? It seems like the only thing that seems to change on these bikes are the colours. I'm specifically referring to the older alluminium models.

Post a pic here and ask, leave to simmer for 4-5 pages, open thread, dust off the carnage and you should have a solution to your banking problems.

...im done. useless hubber,.once thought to be on the dial, in secret,...now slapped around like an old newspaper on a Kouga windscreen, not knowing in the last two days that 1) Reid and Neethling aint lovey dovey anymore, 2) Lill man infact got married to thát girl now 3)...and then, Patch don't hate them "wide love handles" no more....????

Keep your enemies closer ......... ;)

Post a pic here and ask, leave to simmer for 4-5 pages, open thread, dust off the carnage and you should have a solution to your banking problems.

Love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just advertise it as a 2016, someone (usually me) will soon tell you the correct year model. :)

Edited by PeterF

I second this fella. Love my Momsen Vipa AC. Carbon Vipa is overpriced since I learnt the weight difference is a scarcely believable 500g. 

The more you think about it, the better the Momsen deal looks. 

AAAAAAnd its a hot bike!

How does the 12.87kg (medium) listed for the Momsen stack up against the Anthem for eg?  (Giant don't list weights...) 

How does the 12.87kg (medium) listed for the Momsen stack up against the Anthem for eg?  (Giant don't list weights...) 

Pretty well, IMO. Giant frames are amongst the lightest. Their alu wizardry is fantastic. It's just the other components that let it down.

Also - don't let weight be the sole decider of which bike to go for. Suspension performance, geometry and fit should be the highest priorities. 

I second this fella. Love my Momsen Vipa AC. Carbon Vipa is overpriced since I learnt the weight difference is a scarcely believable 500g. 

Nope. Not that far fetched at all. Diff in frame weight between my carbon reign and the alu is just 200g. Main difference is in directional stiffness...