Incident at Cycling SA Road Champs

News bot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speedy recovery to the cyclist. With it being South African champs you would think that the organisers would know the riders are going to race head down time trialling. Not too clever to have this on open roads....

the road is closed for traffic...however the farms on the inside still has access to the route. So, it must have been a farming heavy vehicle. 

All the best to Paul.

I also drove past a high school kid on monday just opposite soneike mall where he rode into the back of a stationary car that was parked in the yellow lane. Dont know how he did it. Broke his arm and was pretty bloody in the face and mouth.Its chaos on the roads. I have scaled down my riding a bit during this time and doing more chores around the house and gym/swim. I have a 2 month old at home and it freaks me the hell out to think that it could be me.

This is just unacceptable. Race organisers really need to start taking responsibility for route safety..... ESPECIALLY at national champs. I place the blame squarely on CSA's shoulders here.

This is just unacceptable. Race organisers really need to start taking responsibility for route safety..... ESPECIALLY at national champs. I place the blame squarely on CSA's shoulders here.

Second this comment. Nice they put out a notice on this, but come on, this is the Nationals

Terrible accident, really gutted for Paul - he was hurt badly. Just an update, his knee was operated on last night and this morning they are operating on his back.

Ai ????