Thank you for attending the memorial ride for Gregory Basson (Sat 4 March)

Allrounder

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What we do tomorrow is important. Important not only to ride in memory of a fallen brother, but also to create awareness of our cause.

We are a vulnerable class of road user. Where there is an accident, we will be worse off than the other party. This is what we need to bring across.

If we can promote attentiveness, patience and respect for one another and the law, we will already be better off.

It is my hope that there will be masses and masses of cyclists tomorrow. I for one will be there.

Wow. What an experience. Met a couple of hubbers - nice to put faces and bikes to names! Smurfy, andydude, and wannabe, very nice to meet you!

The ride was well organized and well attended. Would have been nice to have even more people, but was excellent.

The memorial at the ghost bike was incredible. Had the whole family there. I didn't know Greg, but teared up especially when his sister spoke to them. She was very grateful for the hub support, and amazed at how people who didn't know him could come and support. Was amazing. The ghost bike was excellently put together, kudos to all those involved!

Will join every one of these from now on, and I hope this becomes a tradition when one of us is taken.

Thanks all involved, was incredible experience!

Well done to all involved.Big up to all the riders that came from far and wide even without knowing Gregory.Well done to the family and close friends for putting on a brave face.We all know how tough it was.

Stay safe out there