Thank you for attending the memorial ride for Gregory Basson (Sat 4 March)

Allrounder

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very emotional ride.  Great to see so many come out and support.  Sorry for the rubbish camera angle.

attachicon.gif20170304_083353_001.jpg

Also, thanks to the riders who went out to Joostenberg/the Silos.  Was lekker riding with you.

Very emotional, and again a reminder of how vulnerable we really are out there on the roads.

Great pic, billygoat523, pity about that loaf in the Soviet kit in the forefront , spoiling the pic a bit.  :whistling:

Was a lekker ride home via the Silo's.

Very emotional, and again a reminder of how vulnerable we really are out there on the roads.

Great pic, billygoat523, pity about that loaf in the Soviet kit in the forefront , spoiling the pic a bit.  :whistling:

Was a lekker ride home via the Silo's.

Except for that left turning motorist... :cursing:

Thank you to everyone that attended. It was an emotional ride.

Thank you Shaun Peters for being the MC.

Thank you for obeying the road rules, and the guys on the bikes for keeping us safe on the ride.

To Cabrico (Carlo and Lester) you guys rock. Thanks for allowing us to park on the property and for providing the site to plant Greg`s Ghost bike.

A BIG :thumbup: To everybody that made this possible. It is heart warming to see how we all pulled together to make this an AWESOME day for Greg`s family.  

The speech Werner gave really hit the mark for me. It sounds as if Greg was an WONDERFUL person, which makes this whole event even more special.

Greg`s sister really had most of us in tears, wonderful words.

Would join any local rally to promote safe cycling, after all it is for a good cause.

Thank you to everyone that attended. It was an emotional ride.

Thank you Shaun Peters for being the MC.

Thank you for obeying the road rules, and the guys on the bikes for keeping us safe on the ride.

To Cabrico (Carlo and Lester) you guys rock. Thanks for allowing us to park on the property and for providing the site to plant Greg`s Ghost bike.

A BIG :thumbup: To everybody that made this possible. It is heart warming to see how we all pulled together to make this an AWESOME day for Greg`s family.  

The speech Werner gave really hit the mark for me. It sounds as if Greg was an WONDERFUL person, which makes this whole event even more special.

Greg`s sister really had most of us in tears, wonderful words.

Would join any local rally to promote safe cycling, after all it is for a good cause.

could we have organised awareness rides once or twice per year?  just a slow roll like we did on Saturday?

Hi guys! Thank you very much for all who attended, and it was nice meeting all of you. 

I have a bunch of photos that I will upload and share on Facebook. ( I am aiming for wednesday, things are a bit rough at work) 

Thank you for all the arrangements and open hearts. 

could we have organised awareness rides once or twice per year?  just a slow roll like we did on Saturday?

I`m in.

i tweeted the PPA and asked why we never see that roaming sign out in the north and stellies area...  all they said was that the company that was contracted to do the roaming was only for the city bowl area.  there was no further news on this.

so my suggestion would be that those peak times of the year when we see more cyclists out and about that we get people more aware.  It's my 1st year of this cycling thing, so I've seen a spike in cyclists starting September /Spring and the resolutionists in January.

maybe even start another fred specifically for awareness rides and not just ppa-bashing 'cause after all it would be nice if they can give us assistance with flyers and posters etc.

I'm all in for regular awareness rides. I think twice a year is a bit minimal though, some more events would likely aid people with busy schedules so they can attend too.

Really want to do this often. Who can get this going and keep it going?

Hell, she almost took us all out!!!  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

That was so scary, I was in front at the time did not even see that car till it was too late. Would have take all of us (i think 12) out in one go.

i tweeted the PPA and asked why we never see that roaming sign out in the north and stellies area...  all they said was that the company that was contracted to do the roaming was only for the city bowl area.  there was no further news on this.

so my suggestion would be that those peak times of the year when we see more cyclists out and about that we get people more aware.  It's my 1st year of this cycling thing, so I've seen a spike in cyclists starting September /Spring and the resolutionists in January.

maybe even start another fred specifically for awareness rides and not just ppa-bashing 'cause after all it would be nice if they can give us assistance with flyers and posters etc.

There needs to be more awareness on the roads. Some signs saying - road used by cyclists and some of those little bumps in the road to make drivers look up at the signs. In the north the most used roads are the Bottelary, Wellington (R302) and the (R304).

There needs to be more awareness on the roads. Some signs saying - road used by cyclists and some of those little bumps in the road to make drivers look up at the signs. In the north the most used roads are the Bottelary, Wellington (R302) and the (R304).

Polkadraai!