First Look: Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 6Fattie

Bike Hub Features

Next up in our long term test fleet is the Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon 6Fattie. Another absolute stunner, this bike had us taking turns trying to pop a wheelie in the car park. We'll be treating the bike as one of our own for the year: documenting the journey, and ultimately providing an in-depth review like never before.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This bike makes no sense at all.

I can tell you that from a first ride on it the smile on my face (and few PRs smashed) were all that mattered. It's a whole lot of fun!

That said it is early days and over the course of the long term test we'll get a very good idea of whether it makes sense or not. Or at least for whom it might make sense...

We're excited to test out the feel and practicality of the 27.5+ vs a 29er boost wheel set on the same platform. Although this does come standard with the Fatties, it can accomodate a 29" boost wheelset.

So you haven't ridden one, but feel qualified to give your opinion that 'the bike makes no sense'?

Ag klim van jou perdjie af. Merely stated it makes no sense to me. Please explain to me why a long travel bike needs this type of tires? Will we be seeing it at the Downhill worlds soon if its that great?

Ag klim van jou perdjie af. Merely stated it makes no sense to me. Please explain to me why a long travel bike needs this type of tires? Will we be seeing it at the Downhill worlds soon if its that great?

You probably wear a 38" pants and wonder why anyone else needs a any other size.

You probably wear a 38" pants and wonder why anyone else needs a any other size.

:clap: , relax dude. Sorry if I offended you with questioning something I don't understand. It's Friday, kalmeer bietjie :thumbup:

:clap: , relax dude. Sorry if I offended you with questioning something I don't understand. It's Friday, kalmeer bietjie :thumbup:

I'm chilled, dude.

Just ruffling some feathers because it's Friday. :thumbup: