Tankwa Trek: Strauss, De Villliers win stage, Süss, Stenerhag claim overall

News bot

South Africans Mariske Strauss and Yolande de Villiers won the final stage of the Momentum Health Tankwa Trek, presented by Biogen, on Sunday. But the Swiss/Swedish duo of Esther Süss and Jennie Stenerhag claimed the overall victory after three days of fierce racing in the rugged Kouebokkeveld region of South Africa’s Western Cape province.

Click here to view the article

Was/is Ms. De Villiers not banned for a doping violation?

Was also thinking that

"The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has alerted the Absa Cape Epic to an adverse analytical finding from a sample provided by rider Yolande De Villiers during the 2015 event. The analytical report was one of three that confirmed the presence of *hydrochlorothiazide in her sample. As a result De Villiers was sanctioned with a period of ineligibility of 11 months from 31 January 2015 – 30 December 2015."

Served her ban. Eligible to race again since last year.

Edit the * for those interested.. " (*Hydrochlorothiazide is often used to medically treat high blood pressure and swelling amongst other medical issues. WikiPedia – Hydrochlorothiazide. Whilst it is not a performance enhancing substance, it is on the WADA prohibited list (WADA – Hydrochlorothiazide) as a diuretic and possible masking agent for performance enhancing substances under provision of a TUE certificate (Therapeutic Use Exemption) TUE Links – SAIDS / CSA – TreadMTB)"

Edited by andydude

She effectively served her ban retrospectively as the announcement only came out after the ban had been served if a remember correctly. She competed for almost the entire duration of her 'ban' and won several races in that time. 

She effectively served her ban retrospectively as the announcement only came out after the ban had been served if a remember correctly. She competed for almost the entire duration of her 'ban' and won several races in that time. 

Including SA Champs, sterling work by the authorities. What ban? 

Hub rules state that some dopers are OK, while others must be tarred and feathered and forever consigned to the dustbin of naughtiness.