Janse van Rensburg and De Bod celebrate team victory at SA Road Champs

Nick

Crowds and supporters of the Mens Road Races could not have asked for more glorious weather on the last day of the South African National Road Championships. The riders did face some wind on the course, but that came as no surprise to the Cape Town conditions, and those at the finish line witnessed Dimension Data for Qhubeka's Reinhardt Janse van Rensburg alongside teammate and under-23 Winner Stefan de Bod to claim the Elite Men's race on Sunday 12 February.

Click here to view the article

What do you mean?

Better side step before the line than most SA Rugby players

Edited by Escapee..

Stefan de Bod is developing into a great young prospect. Hope he is looked after well and some of the international DI Data riders takes him under their wing when in SA.

What do you mean?

I mean...a) they chose the order to finish...both get gold. teammates and all I understand, but not exactly a true 'win'.

b)the whoopsie on the line. ha ha ha!

ps. and i really digged the branding sponsor they got for the finish arch. awesome stuff!

Edited by BikeHuber

Stefan de Bod is developing into a great young prospect. Hope he is looked after well and some of the international DI Data riders takes him under their wing when in SA.

He had quite a ride yesterday out on his own for very long and still did the work for JVR once he bridged the gap..quality stuff.

DDD rode a perfect race..

Send one up the road to help later on and secure both titles[emoji106]

Edited by Gen

I mean...a) they chose the order to finish...both get gold. teammates and all I understand, but not exactly a true 'win'.

ps. and i really digged the branding sponsor they got for the finish arch. awesome stuff!

No sure, I hear you. But this way DD has 2 jerseys not just the one, and they definitely want the national champs one in their WT team.

However, I think in a head to head JvR would have had him anyways.

We had zero branding on the finish arch.

No sure, I hear you. But this way DD has 2 jerseys not just the one, and they definitely want the national champs one in their WT team.

However, I think in a head to head JvR would have had him anyways.

I'm pretty sure the call was made from the car, just to keep an "upset"off the cards. Must have been pretty awkward out there when it was said.

JvR might have had him all the way I agree but it wouldn't have tasted nice. It will leave him hungry though.

I'm pretty sure the call was made from the car, just to keep an "upset"off the cards. Must have been pretty awkward out there when it was said.

JvR might have had him all the way I agree but it wouldn't have tasted nice. It will leave him hungry though.

Exactly, DeBod must be licking his lips at the opportunity to go fullgas against the WT guys now.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

DeBod is a monster though, for a 20 year old.... jaysus!

Edited by Patchelicious

Exactly, DeBod must be licking his lips at the opportunity to go fullgas against the WT guys now.

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes.

DeBod is a monster though, for a 20 year old.... jaysus!

He's still growing...

Incredulous ????

According the oketjie on the live stream it was taken down due to the Cape Doctor

the engineer who signed off that gantry would have been in trouble if the bunting wasnt taken down. it was a few seconds from being blown flat.