Garmin GSC10 Cadence/Speed Sensor Question

WKNDWRRR

Hello fellow Hubbers

Where can i get my Garmin GSC10 Speed and Cadence Sensor repaired? 

Is it worth it?

post-11731-0-72716900-1486980836_thumb.jpg

Doubt that it's worth getting it fixed.

R 400 - R500 for one in the classifies section.

Obviously you've replaced the battery and tried a different magnet.

(I've had to change magnets because the one I used wasn't strong enough - not the original Garmin one).

"is it worth it?" is such a weird question.

What do you intend to get out of it?

Ok, let me elaborate: Is it worth paying Rx to fix if it costs Ry to purchase new or used, and the difference between x and y is not that much  ^_^

Cyclewizz got it... :whistling:

Would Navworld not offer a replacement at a good price like they do with other out of warranty units?

I've never heard of these being repaired. I know they are well known for failing on MTBs/in wet conditions.

Would Navworld not offer a replacement at a good price like they do with other out of warranty units?

Only problem is sometimes they only stock the new cadence sensors and the old head units only work with the old cadence sensors.

Not sure they can be repaired. If still under warranty then try Navworld.

If not, then buy the new style speed/cadence sensor. This GSC10 is problematic, had to dump 2 in a space of few months.

Only problem is sometimes they only stock the new cadence sensors and the old head units only work with the old cadence sensors.

with a firmware update, the old unit should work with the new sensor. I am using a 510 with the new sensors.

My GSC 10 died and Navworld gave me a new one... the guy had one lying around in his drawer and he just gave it to me. I possibly got lucky... Definitely out of warranty, close to 4 years old.

I love Garmin and Navworld. 

but no I wouldn't try repair it. I'd either try my luck at Navworld or buy a new one, I've seen them still available online... but the new ones look way better. 

with a firmware update, the old unit should work with the new sensor. I am using a 510 with the new sensors.

nope, the edge 705 is not compatabile with the new sensors, the last firmware update for the thing was 3 years ago. Unit is going on 9 years now.

Ok, let me elaborate: Is it worth paying Rx to fix if it costs Ry to purchase new or used, and the difference between x and y is not that much  ^_^

Cyclewizz got it... :whistling:

Call naveworld, they are very good at repairing it and / or replace or "upgrade" options.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pop into Navworld and see what they say.

If my only choice is to buy another one, I think I'll bite the bullet and get the new style ones, they are seem a lot less finicky and more reliable.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pop into Navworld and see what they say.

If my only choice is to buy another one, I think I'll bite the bullet and get the new style ones, they are seem a lot less finicky and more reliable.

They are but remember to use cable tie to secure, as they get "lost" quite easily