Development cycling in the Soutpansberg - Rave

The Guy in Pink

Some future Champs are going to come from the Soutpansberg.

The groupie below is yesterday's gaggle  of primary school kids.  They  meet in Hanglip forest at least twice  a week , Monday and Wednesday , and often are taken to the Spur schools rides on Saturdays or have an all day "Picnic Ride"  on the Mountain.

Last year I joined in  with two picnic rides with these little fellas - each time we covered almost 30km in the day and climbed 980m of ascent!

Mark & Johan you guys are Tops!

post-63-0-61040700-1487048437_thumb.jpg

Awesome.  I am sure you have some great trails there in Bluegumpoort area.

In Hanglip forest itself we have about 100km of trail, Road, jeep track & single tracks.

Apart from some single track near the entrance - the River Trail - almost everything involves heavy climbing ( and fun downhill's afterwards)  We can join up with the Bluegumspoort road by going around Hanglip mountain. The Bluegumspoort  road is about 22 Km long.

A Trip from town up and around Hanglip and down again - without detours - is  30km and involves almost 1000m of ascent.

These kids have the best MTB training ground there is

And for those who do  not know Hanglip  here it is in the morning sun.

post-63-0-52659400-1487057408_thumb.jpg